#1 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Hi.

I am trying out Roonserver atm. As far as I understand it needs WASAPI.

With AO 2.20 Beta 5 I have successfully enabled WASAPI in WS 2016 core. :) However with both JPLAYstreamer and Roonserver I can't get playback with hibernate on. With KS hibernate has been very stable and I have used it for years.

Any ideas?

And is Roonserver possible with KS?

Johannes 

• johsgjerde and Gunnarf like this

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

Best to ask Roon :)

Does it work without Hibernate? Does Roonserver provide transcoding to WAV? 

• johsgjerde likes this

#3 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

It works perfectly without hibernate. Maybe it has something to do with WASAPI in core being disabled during hibernate. Guess I should ask AudioPhil. 🙂

No Roon does not transcode to wav. Yet. So I guess that rules out KS.

Sounds great though with WASAPI and classic engine!

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

FYI: transcoding to WAV is a must regardless of output method if you intend to use JPLAYStreamer. It is not just for KS :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users