#1 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Is there any place to buy high-quality audiophile power supply cables that go to the motherboard?

#2 Tomslin

Tomslin

Die Hard

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

I guess you are talking about dc power supply cables for ATX.

PPA (Paul Pang Audio) have had such in his assortment. Do not know if they are left for sale.

I have used the same, ie PTFE isolated silver plated copper wire for all dc power supply cables, with very good results. So d-i-y will probably be your best friend. And please let me know if you find something.

AudioPC: Intel S1200V3RPS, Intel Xeon E3-1230LV3, Apacer AP2GITETLQ1K3 4GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC, JCAT USB Card Femto,
JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto

ControlPC: Intel S1200KPR, Intel Xeon E3-1265L V2, Apacer 75.A83EE.G000C 4GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC (for Windows), SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRAFS-NR (for WAV-files),

JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto, JCAT Signature LAN Cable

Software: Windows Server 2019 Standard, Total Commander 9.21a, JPLAY 7 Femto, Audiophile Optimizer 3.00, Upplay 1.4.1

Audio equipment: JCAT Reference USB Cable, Harmony Design Pre 906, Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 with Furutech Rhodium XLR, Sennheiser HD800

#3 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Hi,

I guess you are talking about dc power supply cables for ATX.

PPA (Paul Pang Audio) have had such in his assortment. Do not know if they are left for sale.

I have used the same, ie PTFE isolated silver plated copper wire for all dc power supply cables, with very good results. So d-i-y will probably be your best friend. And please let me know if you find something.

Hi, Tomslin

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone that sells the power bundle already made. Do you have a link to the cable you bought? 

How many AWG do you use? It will be great to find it with OFC pure copper!

#4 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hi, Tomslin

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone that sells the power bundle already made. Do you have a link to the cable you bought? 

Russ Andrews sells Kimber which is OFC multistrand insulated with PTFE.

http://www.russandre...el-20009990000/

search for "reel" to get the TCX product, or TCSS

Regards

Of course you will have to terminate or splice into existing leads

#5 Tomslin

Tomslin

Die Hard

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hi, Tomslin

I'm not surprised, only place I have found is Paul Pang.

Search for “PTFE insulated (silver plated) copper wire” and you will found many sellers, ebay for example.

I have used this wire. It's good to use as much area as possible, even more important if you intend to use OFC. Probably it will be difficult to crimping connector pins in range over 17-16 AWG, but you can solder them under pressure and that way handle bigger area. It can also be good to have screen to the P4 connector, and twist the wires for minimize emi/rfi. Also hold lengths of cables as short as possible.

Tomas

• screenmusic and blawre like this

AudioPC: Intel S1200V3RPS, Intel Xeon E3-1230LV3, Apacer AP2GITETLQ1K3 4GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC, JCAT USB Card Femto,
JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto

ControlPC: Intel S1200KPR, Intel Xeon E3-1265L V2, Apacer 75.A83EE.G000C 4GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC (for Windows), SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRAFS-NR (for WAV-files),

JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto, JCAT Signature LAN Cable

Software: Windows Server 2019 Standard, Total Commander 9.21a, JPLAY 7 Femto, Audiophile Optimizer 3.00, Upplay 1.4.1

Audio equipment: JCAT Reference USB Cable, Harmony Design Pre 906, Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 with Furutech Rhodium XLR, Sennheiser HD800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users