348 replies to this topic

#81 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

http://www.theabsolu...le-and-digital/

The Absolute Sound awarded Mojo-Audio "Best of Show" at this year's RMAF. Their Deja Vu Music Server/Streamer was equipped with JCAT USB & NET FEMTO cards.  :)

• Thuan likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#82 wind-follower

wind-follower

Beginner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

Marcin,

Is it possible to install this card on NAS which has PCIe slot?

#83 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

Technically it should work. Which NAS is that?

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#84 wind-follower

wind-follower

Beginner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Technically it should work. Which NAS is that?

Qnap has many models that support PCIe, TVS-x82 series, TV-x77 Series, to name just a few.

#85 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Quote from the manual: 

The TS-x53BU is equipped with a PCIe expansion slot, which allows you to configure multiple applications as needed. A 10GbE PCIe NIC can be installed to connect your TS-x53BU NAS to 10GbE networks, a wireless network card can be installed to provide wireless base station functionality, or a USB 3.1 10Gbps card can be installed to connect to USB devices.  

The question is if any PCIe NICs are supported or just some specific. The manual does not say this. I'd contact their support and verify to be sure. 

Best regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#86 elan120

elan120

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hi Marcin (@Marcin_gps),

Do you by chance have update on the availability of  JCAT NET FEMTO card?

Btw, I have purchased and installed JCAT USB  FEMTO card recently with great result, and now hoping to order a JCAT NET FEMTO card to see if it will help improve my system further.  By reading your recommended set up, since I have NAS connected to router, router to PC, and PC to DAC, can I connect both NAS and router to both JCAT NET FEMTO card ports, and set Ethernet to Bridge mode in Windows 10 - sort of modified scenario 2?

#87 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi elan120, it will be available within next 2 weeks :) 

Yes, you can connect both router and NAS to the card and bridge ports. It should be better than connecting NAS via router. 

Let me know if you have any further questions

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#88 elan120

elan120

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hi elan120, it will be available within next 2 weeks :)

Yes, you can connect both router and NAS to the card and bridge ports. It should be better than connecting NAS via router. 

Let me know if you have any further questions

Best regards, 

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for the information.  Just placed an order and looking forward to the delivery in two weeks.

Two more questions...when setting up in Bridged mode as described earlier, does the external 5VDC power supply affect the sound quality the same way if setting up using only one Ethernet port?  Additionally, I am currently feeding the JCAT USB FEMTO card with an Uptone LPS-1, but since this power supply can only go up to 1.1A, it isn't up to the 2A output requirement for JCAT NET FEMTO card, while searching for another power supply, I wonder if you could provide further requirement details for an external power supply to use with JCAT NET FEMTO card especially output noise requirements such as PSRR and VRMS ratings?

#89 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Got it - thank you!

Of course, external 5V PSU is a must in my opinion. The better, quieter PSU, the better sound. Paul Hynes is best, but very expensive. I use this: http://jplay.eu/jcat/#manual5

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#90 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Many thanks Marcin for great tips on network conditioning and DAC driver optimization. I've just got out of a 2-day crisis during which controlPC somehow lost network connection ("failed to connect to PC" error), then HySolid was unable to have AudioPC talk to DAC (some ASIO related error). On top of those issues was the DAC XMOS driver that always kicked Thesycon control panel out thus not letting me optimize its settings. Not anymore, baby!

Now I've learned a few things about installing and fine tuning DAC driver both easier way and hard way. Installing the Femto net card will probably be another fun, challenging and rewarding project. Bottom line is, music is back with a vengeance.
  • Marcin_gps likes this
WS2019 ServerDaterCenter 10.0.17763.1282, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#91 Vamos

Vamos

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Hi Marcin,

Where is the best place for the NET card in a dual PC setup? Into the control PC or into the Audio PC?

In your last blog, you write the JCAT NET card must be "closest to your PC media server/ streamer" but it's not so clear for me. I'd say Control PC but I am not sure. 

Thanks

Best regards

• Marcin_gps likes this

#92 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hi Marcin,

Where is the best place for the NET card in a dual PC setup? Into the control PC or into the Audio PC?

In your last blog, you write the JCAT NET card must be "closest to your PC media server/ streamer" but it's not so clear for me. I'd say Control PC but I am not sure. 

Thanks

Best regards

Hi Vamos,

If 1x JCAT NET Card is available in JPLAY dual PC setup, I'd put it in Control PC, because of higher network traffic. 

By closest to PC media server/streamer I meant that one should use as short lan cable as possible, ideally 1m. 

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#93 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

Sorry if a bit off topic here, but on this post Thanksgiving day here, with galvanic isolation and USB 3.0 done right, Gregorian Chants are sounding gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about and get the Femto Net card in short future.
WS2019 ServerDaterCenter 10.0.17763.1282, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#94 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:00 AM

The cards are already on the way from the factory. Will be distributed next week. 

Thank you all for your patience. 

• Thuan likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#95 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

Great news indeed! By the way, I've applied and experimented with your tweaks on network card buffer settings and already enjoyed positive changes in SQ. Thanks Marcin.

#96 elan120

elan120

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Great news indeed! By the way, I've applied and experimented with your tweaks on network card buffer settings and already enjoyed positive changes in SQ. Thanks Marcin.

Could you share what this tweak consist of?  I tried to search for more information about this, but seem not able to yield with positive result.

#97 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

It goes back to a thread named "which buffers affect sound quality?" dated September 2013.

#98 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

Could you share what this tweak consist of?  I tried to search for more information about this, but seem not able to yield with positive result.

All customers who purchase JCAT NET Card FEMTO get access to complimentary PDF guide

It goes back to a thread named "which buffers affect sound quality?" dated September 2013.

It's not actual. Please check your email :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#99 elan120

elan120

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

All customers who purchase JCAT NET Card FEMTO get access to complimentary PDF guide

Sounds good Marcin, I will wait for my JCAT NET Card FEMTO delivery...hopefully soon... :)   Very much looking forward to it.

#100 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

Yes, got it in the mail this morning. While waiting for the card, I've applied them to existing generic card and already heard differences. Good stuff, thanks.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users