Jogar, your advice and encouragement are appreciated!
I am at a point where I have unanswered questions:
1. How to connect the Teddy Pardo to the CPU, is it via the 4-pin plug on the mobo? Or do I need a pico? (My cpu is an AMD Athlon 200ge, with a low TDP of 35w. So runs very cool without a fan. I use a full size Corsair case to aid cooling, no fans.)
2 Do you keep the old SMPS in place connected to the 8-pin? This sounds ideal for me!
3. If I add a decent SATA cable, how do then I get 5v to the SSD? Do you break open the cable? I am sure this is a forum topic I have missed.
4. Using each 5v to power a card AND an SSD is a great idea which suits my ambition and budget.
5. I now recall why my network card is not set up - I did it in a room remote from the router. Now I have moved house it is connected by ethernet. I may need to reinstall all the software, possibly on a new SSD, and use up my last AO key. I will search out the forums but will first need to order the JCAT Net Card.
6. At present I use only GUI mode in WS12 for the PC, because of limited success with core mode. Has anyone compared WS12, WS16, and WS19 in GUI mode only? Ease of use and SQ?