296 replies to this topic

#281 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Hello Marcin
One stupid question about bridged direct mode from server (i plan to have one built using jcat nic card) to sotm 200ultra.
Does it work only if server is windows or can it work also with daphile?
Richard

Hi Richard, 

It's not a stupid question :)

Yes, it's possible with Daphile:

1. Set a static IP in Sotm: e.g.: IP 192.168.1.3 Mask 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.1.2,  DNS 192.168.1.2

2. Connect the PC (NET Card) with the Sotm directly via Ethernet cable. 

3. .Set a static IP on the PC with NET Card FEMTO & Daphile: e.g.:  192.168.1.2 

Here is a snapshot of the settings tab

settings_network.png

#282 james108

james108

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Hi Marcin

What is the latest estimate as to when the currently ordered Net Cards will ship?

thanks

#283 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

Hi Marcin

What is the latest estimate as to when the currently ordered Net Cards will ship?

thanks

This week - they're already in Poland. 

Regards, 

Marcin

#284 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

UPDATE: both JCAT NET Card FEMTO & JCAT USB Card FEMTO are back in stock, but since today is a public holiday in Poland, all orders will move on Monday. 

Regards, 

Marcin

• james108 likes this

#285 Antoine

Antoine

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

UPDATE: both JCAT NET Card FEMTO & JCAT USB Card FEMTO are back in stock, but since today is a public holiday in Poland, all orders will move on Monday. 

Regards, 
Marcin

Which Monday would that be? ;)

#286 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Which Monday would that be? ;)

All orders have been picked up by UPS a moment ago. You should see tracking updates in a moment :)

Regards, 

Marcin

#287 Antoine

Antoine

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

All orders have been picked up by UPS a moment ago. You should see tracking updates in a moment :)

Regards, 
Marcin

Thanks Marcin, the tracking indeed now shows a pick-up. :)

#288 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:25 AM

It's here now. The breaking-in started. Very first impression: volume had to be reduced due to more effortless performance; sounding raw, lacking sweetness. No fun yet.

After 15-20 minutes, things changed for the better. Lots of details emerged, layering developed, bass showed increased depth. No sweetness yet.

Over 30 minutes, the sound opened up a bit more. I'd say it's more listenable now and I can comfortably turn up the volume closer to normal volume level. Two things stick out: noticeable state depth and deeper more controlled bass. Details are still pleasantly plenty.
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#289 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

It's here now. The breaking-in started. Very first impression: volume had to be reduced due to more effortless performance; sounding raw, lacking sweetness. No fun yet.

After 15-20 minutes, things changed for the better. Lots of details emerged, layering developed, bass showed increased depth. No sweetness yet.

Over 30 minutes, the sound opened up a bit more. I'd say it's more listenable now and I can comfortably turn up the volume closer to normal volume level. Two things stick out: noticeable state depth and deeper more controlled bass. Details are still pleasantly plenty.

Please give it some more time :)

Which PSU are you using with the card?

Regards, 

Marcin

#290 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:46 AM

I know it's early to form or give impressions, but I can't wait to follow the burning in process, to notice and witness any change [improvement] in SQ. It's over 1 hour now and I think it has begun to come into its own. It sure will continue to improve for the next few days. This is the second Femto netcard and I've just installed it on controlPC. A TeddyPardo PSU is powering this card.
  • Marcin_gps likes this
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#291 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Congratulations!!!

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#292 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

Thank you. It took me a while to achieve the goal of having JCAT Femto netcards on both PCs. Now I see what you meant by "the bass seems to have several shades".
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#293 james108

james108

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Marcin  in the notes your recommend using  a 1 M Ethernet cable between the Control and Audio PC,  Would a .5 M cable be better or is there something special bout 1 M

thanks

#294 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

Marcin  in the notes your recommend using  a 1 M Ethernet cable between the Control and Audio PC,  Would a .5 M cable be better or is there something special bout 1 M

thanks

I'm not sure as I've not tried a 0,5m LAN cable. My point was not to use too long cables.  

Regards, 
Marcin

#295 james108

james108

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

The Teddy Pardo Dual5V 3A model at their webpage is the one he agreed to make. With two 5V 3A outputs instead of one per box, then fewer boxes and mains cables are required. I can assure you that Teddy Pardo has nothing to hide. The PSs have no large toroidal transformers as in standard LPSs because of their design which incorporates SMPS with a patented remarkable noise reduction. Teddy Pardo works with Naim Audio. Agreed, his products aren't cheap, but, as with mains cables, if you want the best...

Can anyone say what is architecturally different with the 2x 5V Teddy Pardo supply.  Is it just two output connectors in parallel to a single 5V output?

It appears the power is 3A for both the single and dual output units.   If this is the case why not just use a Y cable on the single output?

the price difference is $160  so you would expect some additional circuitry for isolation.  I find it strange that there is not description on the website

I emailed the company direct here is his response

"Thank you for your message.

The dual 5V has two independent power supplies, each one capable of 3A, regardless of the other one.

The grounds are separate as well, and are completely floating."

thanks

• motberg likes this

#296 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Guys, if anyone is interested, I just wanted to let you know that the NET Card FEMTO works natively with roon ROCK

Attached File  RoonROCK on Z390 with JCAT.jpeg   190.37KB   3 downloads

• Ben-M likes this

#297 Ben-M

Ben-M

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for sharing that, Marcin.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic