44 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Hi Guys, 

I wrote a short article/guide that should be useful for all of you who have just started using JPLAY.

Old-timers are welcomed to read it too ;)

The article has been published on our blog, here: http://jplay.eu/ml_p...t-out-of-jplay/

Cheers,

Marcin 

• Adrian and Thuan like this

JPLAY for iOS: the new reference hi-fi app. 

JCAT: streaming specific products for high-end audio

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#2 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • LocationSillycon Valley

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the article which triggers me to try Jplay Streamer again. I thought Jplay mini is the purest sounding pplayer, but "almost matches Jplay Streamer in SQ" makes me curious.

Questions:

1/ For dual pc setup, do I need Jplay Streamer running on both machines or just controlPC?
2/ 2012 is your preference and I understand, but why not 2016?
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the article which triggers me to try Jplay Streamer again. I thought Jplay mini is the purest sounding pplayer, but "almost matches Jplay Streamer in SQ" makes me curious.

Questions:

1/ For dual pc setup, do I need Jplay Streamer running on both machines or just controlPC?
2/ 2012 is your preference and I understand, but why not 2016?

1) Just controlpc is enough. 

2) 2012 is my preference as I haven't tried w2016 yet :) 

Cheers, 

Marcin

#4 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

1) Just controlpc is enough. 
2) 2012 is my preference as I haven't tried w2016 yet :) 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Thanks Marcin. I do hope you try w2016 soon. And like it. In my humble opinion, Jplay and Jplay mini really shine on w2016.
  • Marcin_gps likes this
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#5 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Network configuration is crucial in extracting the most from JPLAYStreamer. I will elaborate this subject in my next articles

• Adrian, rdsu and TubemanRQ like this

#6 TubemanRQ

TubemanRQ

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Network configuration is crucial in extracting the most from JPLAYStreamer. I will elaborate this subject in my next articles

Looking forward to more Marcin!!    ;)

• Marcin_gps likes this

#7 xsonic1

xsonic1

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick report out. I have been quite happy with the SQ of my single, Windows 10 PC set-up using JPlay / JRiver MC19. As in the comment made above, I kept hearing that JPlayStreamer was better and finally decided it was time to take the plunge to JPlayStreamer.

Over the last week I made the switch to a Kinsky/MinimServer/JPlayStreamer software solution and I am incredibly happy I did so. Marcin's directions on his blog (Getting the most out of JPlay) takes you through setting up MinimServer and JPlayStreamer. Following his step by step directions will minimize any hassles. The end result is well worth the effort. 

Along the way I went from JPlay settings that had a DACLink/PCbuffer set to 350Hz / 0.02 secs and now have them set to 1Hz and 10s.

The resulting SQ via JPlayStreamer with the new settings is simply fantastic. Imaging is improved, with the background noise floor diminished. My system just has a much more effortless and dynamic feel to it.

Anyone who hasn't made the switch to a JPlayStreamer set-up is losing out. Highly recommended!

I look forward to additional tips from Marcin and Josef. Keep up the good work guys!

Enjoy the tunes, I definitely am!

Robb

• Marcin_gps, Thuan and satbaba like this

#8 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick report out. I have been quite happy with the SQ of my single, Windows 10 PC set-up using JPlay / JRiver MC19. As in the comment made above, I kept hearing that JPlayStreamer was better and finally decided it was time to take the plunge to JPlayStreamer.

Over the last week I made the switch to a Kinsky/MinimServer/JPlayStreamer software solution and I am incredibly happy I did so. Marcin's directions on his blog (Getting the most out of JPlay) takes you through setting up MinimServer and JPlayStreamer. Following his step by step directions will minimize any hassles. The end result is well worth the effort. 

Along the way I went from JPlay settings that had a DACLink/PCbuffer set to 350Hz / 0.02 secs and now have them set to 1Hz and 10s.

The resulting SQ via JPlayStreamer with the new settings is simply fantastic. Imaging is improved, with the background noise floor diminished. My system just has a much more effortless and dynamic feel to it.

Anyone who hasn't made the switch to a JPlayStreamer set-up is losing out. Highly recommended!

I look forward to additional tips from Marcin and Josef. Keep up the good work guys!

Enjoy the tunes, I definitely am!

Robb

Single pc?

How did you do ?

#9 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

JPLAYStreamer can work on singlePC :)

#10 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

JPLAYStreamer can work on singlePC :)

I can not :(   single PC with ws2016 core

#11 ciccio1112

ciccio1112

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Locationwww.avtek.it

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

It works perfectly in core mode of windows 2016.

• satbaba likes this

http://tweakvideo.altervista.org il   mio negozio: http://www.avtek.it

Il mio server audio singolo pc. Windows server 2019 + jplay 7 + ottimizzatore audiofilo 3.0 + fidelizer pro 8.4 

#12 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Why can not I work?   I did not install  java  on ms2016 core

#13 ciccio1112

ciccio1112

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Locationwww.avtek.it

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

There is no need for Java in my case. I have a minimserver installed in my NAS.

Il mio server audio singolo pc. Windows server 2019 + jplay 7 + ottimizzatore audiofilo 3.0 + fidelizer pro 8.4 

#14 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

Which program and device to select and play music tracks in your Nas ?

#15 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:53 AM

I can not connect network between Synology NAS and MS 2016 core PC

#16 ciccio1112

ciccio1112

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Locationwww.avtek.it

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Which program and device to select and play music tracks in your Nas ?

Use minimserver installed on NAS western digital my book live

• satbaba likes this

#17 supperconductor

supperconductor

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

Here's my setup. It took some time for me to figure it out. While there are guides/manuals here on JPlay.eu - apparently this was not clear enough for me. Now I'm sure this is an over-simplification and there may even be outright errors so please feel free to comment.

Minimserver & Minimstreamer - these two Java apps will catalog your music files and stream them to some OpenHome compliant end-point device for actual playback.

JPlay - this software will receive the music streams from Minimserver/Minimstreamer and relay the stream to the DAC connected to the Windows computer.

Kazoo - One of several OpenHome compliant control apps for selecting what you want to play - it will direct the flow of music from Minimserver/Minimstreamer to JPlay.

My System:

Device A: iOS iPhone and macOS MacBook Pro running Linn's Kazoo control app

Device B: Diskstation OS on a Synology NAS running Minimserver/Minimstreamer

Device C: Windows 10 Pro OS on a Late 2014 MacMini running JPlay in the default single computer configuration

Device D: Light Harmonic Labs Geek Out 1000 USB DAC

Device A [Selects files to Play] --------> Device B [Sends chosen file stream to] ------> Device C [Sends a stable clean stream of music bits to] ------> Device D [The DAC converts the digital bits to analog audio]

The above is my configuration but certainly not the only possible one. I started out just using the Windows PC for every part of this system without Kazoo at all. I started moving roles around to suit the hardware/software I already owned.

EDIT: No longer using Kinksy as it is no longer supported, meant to say Kazoo. Silly names, I get confused.

• satbaba likes this

#18 Chanh

Chanh

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

It works perfectly in core mode of windows 2016.

Can you elaborate more on how to setup in core mode for WS2016?
I have tried WS2016 in desktop graphic, because I need to setup Ethernet, jplay, and installing USB driver. However I could not convert into core mode, like it was possible with WS2012R2.
Question is: can USB driver, jplay, jplay setting, LAN driver, and change to Ethernet setting, installed and set in core mode via comandprompt?! If so how?

Appreciate the guidance....
Many thanks in advance!
Chanh.

#19 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

I am wondering too :)

#20 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

It's been a while since I did it, but here's the main scoop. Right after installation, changing password and logging in, I installed Q-Dir and used it to copy essential data files to Documents or Downloads folder.

Chipset and network driver can be installed at this point, again using the life saver Q-Dir. Sometimes I skipped this step, letting Windows take care of it.

Remove or disable Windows Defender using AO. Reset Windows drivers and services using AO service tool.

Run sconfig to do several tasks: change computer's name, date and time, enable Remote Management, set network IP and DNS

In case there's difficulty, AO's show_adapters and set_ip come to rescue.

If audioPC, Install DAC drivers using AO's Driver Helper
Install USB sound card driver using Q-Dir
Install Jplay using Q-Dir

At this point it must be clearer what or how to do next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users