#1 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hi guys.

I am also trying to get 700hz and 0.01 working as I think the midrange and closeness there is great.

However playback stops after a minute or so in Jplaymini.

With Jplaystreamer and Bubble i get the whole song except last 5 seconds... :P

I am using a Gustard U12 which is a XMOS chip. Modified Luckit drivers with minimum latency.

I was thinking maybe I could try another driver. Anyone have a tip for anothet driver for download with control panel for XMOS

Regards from Norway

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#2 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

Josef?

Have gotten it stable until 20 sec. remaining of a track. 700hz, 0,01s. Is it possible my control-pc is not powerful enough for the transition between tracks?

Another driver made no difference. Luckit drivers just as good as Thesycon eval driver. Same driver but newer version.

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#3 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Trying now with Jplaymini and current settings

#4 Josef

Josef

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

700Hz is extremely small buffer very close to minimal timer resolution supported by Windows so any slight CPU activity can cause buffer underrun - in other words, it either works or not :)

#5 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Is the controlpc then the most critical?

#6 Josef

Josef

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

Depends, it can also be DACs driver simply want to work with larger buffer - You can of course test it by playing directly from AudioPC...

#7 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

I have found the cause. Audiopc wo hibernate played just fine at 700hz.

But as javaw starts to buffer a new track the cpu on the controlpc gets a large fluctuation.

Any suggestions as what to do to eliminate this?

#8 Josef

Josef

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Maybe try setting javaw.exe to use only last core and set it's priority to lowest (you can do it from TaskManager).

#9 Kramer

Kramer

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I can't seem to get the music to play. All I get is half a second of the playback and then the same half a second keeps playing over and over intermittently.

I'm using an AQ dragonfly and I need the settings which will work with it.

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Xtreamsize 5000 

10s buffer

After this I get can't connect to jplay notification if I try to open the settings  and I have to shutdown the PC and restart. 

HELP...

#10 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Xtreamsize 5000 

10s buffer

Please lower XtreamSize. 5000 requires 16GB RAM to be stable and not all DACs are capable

#11 Kramer

Kramer

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Please lower XtreamSize. 5000 requires 16GB RAM to be stable and not all DACs are capable

Thanks for the reply.

I do have 16GB dual channel DDR3 RAM and an AMD FX 8 core CPU.

I'll lower the Xtream size.  Suggestions for the DAC link and buffer settings. 

Settings I'm using

DAC link 5Hz 

PC buffer  10 seconds

XtreamSize 500

Throttle ON

Hibernate OFF

Engine Xtream

Bitstream Native

Bitperfect Volume off

Polarity Normal

Is there a guide for the settings??

#12 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

Your issue is not related to this topic. 

I'd try lower XtreamSize as suggested above. 5000 is really extreme and some DACs may not work with it. If you update OS to Windows 8 or later then you'll be able to use UltraStream which is recommended for best sound quality and  CPU/RAM use is minimized. 

Please check our manual to see how to use and configure JPLAY: http://jplay.eu/manual/

Regards, 

Marcin

#13 Kramer

Kramer

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

Your issue is not related to this topic. 

I'd try lower XtreamSize as suggested above. 5000 is really extreme and some DACs may not work with it. If you update OS to Windows 8 or later then you'll be able to use UltraStream which is recommended for best sound quality and  CPU/RAM use is minimized. 

Please check our manual to see how to use and configure JPLAY: http://jplay.eu/manual/

Regards, 

Marcin

Thanks for the reply Marcin.

I lowered the XtreamSize to 500 but it still did not work.

#14 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the reply Marcin.

I lowered the XtreamSize to 500 but it still did not work.

Then the DAC may not be compatible with Xtream Engine (some aren't). 

#15 Kramer

Kramer

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the reply Marcin

Xtream used to work fine with both my DAC's in version 5.2.1 but I decided to check out version 6.2 and the new versions settings are not working for me.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but I'm facing the same problem.

cache set to 500 in jplay mini

have tried 1 Hz, 2.5Hz 10Hz 40Hz etc and changed the buffer settings but I get just half a second of playback then silence. 

I added jplay.exe and jplay settings to firewall exceptions and then opened port 48168 but still the problem is there. if I increase the DAC link the half second of playback becomes even shorter and even after closing jplay mini the same half second keeps playing over and over intermittently every 2-3 minutes if I don't play audio using any other s/w.

does java or java.exe interfere with it in any way??

Do I need to change jplay services priority in task manager??

Regards

#16 Kramer

Kramer

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Xtream used to work fine with both my DAC's in version 5.2.1 but I decided to check out version 6.2 and the new versions settings are not working for me.

have tried 1 Hz, 2.5Hz 10Hz 40Hz etc and changed the buffer settings but I get just half a second of playback then silence. 

I added jplay.exe and jplay settings to firewall exceptions and then opened port 48168 but still the problem is there. if I increase the DAC link the half second of playback becomes even shorter and even after closing jplay mini the same half second keeps playing over and over intermittently every 2-3 minutes if I don't play audio using any other s/w.

Regards

I switched to classic engine and with that I didn't get any playback at all. I can't use ultrastream since I'm on Win 7 ultimate 64bit. I can't get my AQ Dragonfly to work at all with any combination of setting, which is a bummer since I use it with my laptop on the go and jplay can be used on more than 2 devices with 1 license If I'm not mistaken. I will be getting a Mojo and DF red by March maybe I'll have better luck with those. 

I finally got my desktop burr brown 1793 DAC to work with Xtream and Classic. WASAPI + 40Hz or 85Hz or 170Hz DAC link and a 10 second buffer. 20Hz and below don't work. 

#17 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

Regards

I doubt java intereferes if you listen via jplaymini. 

No adjustments are required. Optimal priorities are set automatically

I switched to classic engine and with that I didn't get any playback at all. I can't use ultrastream since I'm on Win 7 ultimate 64bit. I can't get my AQ Dragonfly to work at all with any combination of setting, which is a bummer since I use it with my laptop on the go and jplay can be used on more than 2 devices with 1 license If I'm not mistaken. I will be getting a Mojo and DF red by March maybe I'll have better luck with those. 

I finally got my desktop burr brown 1793 DAC to work with Xtream and Classic. WASAPI + 40Hz or 85Hz or 170Hz DAC link and a 10 second buffer. 20Hz and below don't work. 

That's odd as we have quite many customers using JPLAY with AQ Dragonfly. I'd try on other PC to be sure. 

#18 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Funny thing:

With foobar2000 with upnp and asio plugin used as renderer, I get Tidal from BubbleUPnP stable at 350hz 0,01 s buffer.

Really great SQ. I find high DAC-link really opens up the soundstage.

More of an experiment, but the result was great!

#19 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

So I was wondering: WIth foobar2000 as renderer, I get smaller buffer stable. With jplaystreamer I get better sound at larger buffer. At high DAC-link playback stops after a few seconds. I know from trying with single-pc, that my DAC can handle low latencies. So the bottleneck must be somewhere in the control-pc or the network

Are there any tweaks I might do to get jplaystreamer handle smaller buffer? I already run processlasso and have tried various affinities etc. I find it strange that foobar2000's upnp-plugin is easier to get stable. Is there a buffer in the player maybe?

Any ideas are interesting!

#20 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Just found out that with AO reset, I don't get the stop. Maybe leave "Network related Services" on?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users