#401 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:18 AM

Hey, you're leaving me in the dust  :) !  Looks like the things keep you happily busy.  Can't wait to hear your report on the SQ.  

WS2019 ServerDaterCenter 10.0.17763.1282, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, JPLAY Femto, MC45, BubbleUPnP.

#402 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Ultimately, you want to use an external LPSU, remove all jumpers, and watch your jaw drops on the floor.

Hello, it makes a huge difference,I’m testing various regulator boards and transformers at the moment to see how they sound, my biggest gains in SQ at the moment are to do with the power supply.

best Regards Rob.

• FelipeRolim likes this

#403 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

I am having an issue with the card not being recognized.  In Windows control panel there is a caution sign next to the USB xHCI Compliant host controller.  Also, I don't see the Renesas listing in the USB controller section.

If I install Renesas USB3 host conroller 30230 the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller shows up in the list of USB controllers but now it has a caution next to it.

Which one should I be using so Renesas shows up without any errors?

I've verified with David via email that this issue is now fixed

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#404 Godspeed

Godspeed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:22 AM

I got USB femto card one week ago, and found there is firmware update.

I have two questions.

1) Can I update the firmware twice to the same firmware?

2) Can I switch the firmware to the other one?

The second question means, if I updated the firmware as one port one, then update again as two ports one.

Anyway, this sounds really really neat......Great!!!!

• Marcin_gps likes this

#405 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

I got USB femto card one week ago, and found there is firmware update.

I have two questions.

1) Can I update the firmware twice to the same firmware?

2) Can I switch the firmware to the other one?

The second question means, if I updated the firmware as one port one, then update again as two ports one.

Anyway, this sounds really really neat......Great!!!!

Hello and welcome! 

1) Yes

2) Yes

Thanks for the report on sound quality: enjoy and spread the good word :) 

Best regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#406 jamiee

jamiee

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:47 PM

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my Schiit Audio Yggdrasil A2 DAC with the Unison USB upgrade board and unfortunately it isn't connecting with the USB FEMTO card :(

(As in the DAC does not receive a connected device signal).

Things I've checked:

1. USB FEMTO is being recognized in Device Manager - Windows 10 PRO.  (System is an X570 based system with AMD 3950X CPU & Gigabyte Xtreme Motherboard)

2. Tried connecting with two different USB cables.

3. Switched USB FEMTO power between external 5v & internal PCIe.

4. Also tried the older JCAT USB v1.1 card but the system doesn't like it & won't boot past the POST screen with it installed.

5. Connecting a USB cable directly to the Motherboard works - DAC receives a signal and audio playback works fine.

What I haven't done:

1. Didn't try installing the Renesas host controller driver for Windows -- Something tells me this won't change anything as the default Windows driver should be good enough?

#407 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:49 AM

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my Schiit Audio Yggdrasil A2 DAC with the Unison USB upgrade board and unfortunately it isn't connecting with the USB FEMTO card :(

(As in the DAC does not receive a connected device signal).

Things I've checked:

1. USB FEMTO is being recognized in Device Manager - Windows 10 PRO.  (System is an X570 based system with AMD 3950X CPU & Gigabyte Xtreme Motherboard)

2. Tried connecting with two different USB cables.

3. Switched USB FEMTO power between external 5v & internal PCIe.

4. Also tried the older JCAT USB v1.1 card but the system doesn't like it & won't boot past the POST screen with it installed.

5. Connecting a USB cable directly to the Motherboard works - DAC receives a signal and audio playback works fine.

What I haven't done:

1. Didn't try installing the Renesas host controller driver for Windows -- Something tells me this won't change anything as the default Windows driver should be good enough?

Jamiee,

Thanks for the report. 

Can you please check if USB memory stick is detected if you insert it into the USB Card's port? 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#408 jamiee

jamiee

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:23 PM

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I was thinking to check a USB thumb drive when you mentioned it....   The answer (unfortunately) is:  The USB stick does not respond when inserted into the USB FEMTO card (either port).

To be sure, I tried two different makes and models of thumb drive.

This leads me to suspect something is either wrong with the card (which was working in a previous system) or there's a comparability issue with this newer built PC.

#409 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:39 AM

OK, thanks. 

Please contact me via email for further troubleshooting. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#410 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

Hi Guys, 

I have a favor to ask you who have used the cards, please leave a review and star rating on the Polestar platform. 

Here is the link: https://audiophilest...o-reviews-r285/

Thank you in advance!  :)

Best regards,

Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#411 ho5456

ho5456

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

Quick question:  When the jumper is engaged, does it cut 5V only or GND too?   TIA

#412 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:13 PM

Quick question:  When the jumper is engaged, does it cut 5V only or GND too?   TIA

5V  only

• ho5456 likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#413 Chanh

Chanh

Beginner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:27 AM

Hi Marcin,

I loaned my JCat USB card to my close friend for couple weeks. Big mistake really! 

It does not come back to me now..., and was told to buy new one as my replacement.  :D

Given the circumstances around the World with this COVID-19, i am very nervous about the delivery of this card to Australia.

Will pm you about getting the replacement.

Cheeers. 

#414 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

Hi Marcin,

I loaned my JCat USB card to my close friend for couple weeks. Big mistake really! 

It does not come back to me now..., and was told to buy new one as my replacement.  :D

Given the circumstances around the World with this COVID-19, i am very nervous about the delivery of this card to Australia.

Will pm you about getting the replacement.

Cheeers. 

:)

No problem with delivery. I shipped a card to Australia last week. We use UPS courier for all orders now.  

But now that the cat is out of bag, you might want to wait few days for this: https://audiophilest...comment-1039516

• Chanh likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#415 Chanh

Chanh

Beginner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for your ongoing innovations and contributions to CA communities.

#416 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:48 AM

New JCAT Extreme Edition USB Card? Why didn't I get mine?  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Attached Files

• amolan likes this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Schiit Freya preamp. with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 tubes and Sunrise V8 MK IV as two channel power amplifier;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;

- Digital transport: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version, Minority Clean and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR and Siltech 770i XLR (interconnects), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (preamp.), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (power amp.), 2 x Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor and computers), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC) and Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all internal wires from the computers).

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#417 Mellowman

Mellowman

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNantes - France

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:02 PM

I'd like to test it ASAP!!!!

• Marcin_gps likes this

Hifi must serve the Music.

Not the opposite ;)

#418 Chanh

Chanh

Beginner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:46 AM

I'd like to test it ASAP!!!!

There’s a fee for that...! 😂🥳🤣

#419 OctavianH

OctavianH

Beginner

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBrasov / RO

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:16 AM

I remember that I read here in the past that users reported better results if USB Femto was mounted in a PCIex 3.0 x1 vs 2.0 x1. Is this true?

In my case my ASUS Z97-DELUXE has a 2.0 slot and I guess in the future, if I'll upgrade to some Z390 I might obtain better results?

Hard to say whay is better, I am quite pleased with this product already.

Qutest | CXC | Elise MK.II | A2 | T1.2 | A5X | NFB11.32

Headphone setup

#420 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

I remember that I read here in the past that users reported better results if USB Femto was mounted in a PCIex 3.0 x1 vs 2.0 x1. Is this true?

In my case my ASUS Z97-DELUXE has a 2.0 slot and I guess in the future, if I'll upgrade to some Z390 I might obtain better results?

Hard to say whay is better, I am quite pleased with this product already.

More important is if a PCIe slot connects to CPU directly or goes via PCH. You'd have to check the motherboard's specs and block diagram

Regards, 
Marcin

• FelipeRolim likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users