• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#381 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

Hi koscof1. I have similar issue. My DAC is m2Tech Young DSD ( Xmos based) and after Win update at this summer (Win 10 -1903)  DAC is not visible in my system with PPAv2 USB Card. It works only with integrated mobo usb ports. USB PPAv2 card in my system also works with other usb devices like pendrives, mouse, hotas stick etc.. I wrote to Paul Young but answer was simply - they are not supporting this card any longer. So also tried get help from DAC manufacture (M2Tech) but they reply the same Young DSD was dicontinued with firmware support in 2018.

So I logged here to check compatybility and considering to buy Jcat Femto USB card but looks like this is Win driver/firmware problem and I will not get my USB Dac to work with any low jitter audio USB cards.

Tried reinstalling drivers , firmware but no luck so far. Even wasapi mode its not working - just both devices together are not working, win 10 do not recognize my DAC when pluged in dedicated audio usb port !! :/

@Marcin_gps - sa jakies szanse ze Young DSD zadziała z FEMTO ? Wyglada na to ze uzywa drivera nec/renesans UPD720201 identyczny jak w kartach PPA..

I have  not seen this issue before, so can't be sure. I'd check if a USB memory stick is visible when inserted to the USB card's port. If it does, then the card works. I'd reinstall DAC drivers then. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#382 fibi76

fibi76

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:53 AM

the issue is between xmos dac drivers and nec/renesans usb card drivers so thouse 2 devices are not working together in windows 10 - 1903 . We already reistaled drivers , firmware and still not working.

My PC Audio setup: 2x Intel i7-8700k with Win 10 based PC's -Foobar/Jplay 6 – USB PPAv2 + linear PSU by Tomanek , M2Tech Young DSD Dac + linear PSU Tomanek, Little Dot mk IV se - tube amp  , Sennheiser HD 800, (favorite headphone with Audeos cables) , optional : Nakamitchi PA5E II+ MonitorAudio Gold GS 60 speakers.

#383 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:54 PM

the issue is between xmos dac drivers and nec/renesans usb card drivers so thouse 2 devices are not working together in windows 10 - 1903 . We already reistaled drivers , firmware and still not working.

I  have not heard of this issue from any of our customers and many use  XMOS DACs. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#384 fibi76

fibi76

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

I  have not heard of this issue from any of our customers and many use  XMOS DACs. 

Regards, 

Marcin

Common in this thread you have Koscof1 with the same problem..

My PC Audio setup: 2x Intel i7-8700k with Win 10 based PC's -Foobar/Jplay 6 – USB PPAv2 + linear PSU by Tomanek , M2Tech Young DSD Dac + linear PSU Tomanek, Little Dot mk IV se - tube amp  , Sennheiser HD 800, (favorite headphone with Audeos cables) , optional : Nakamitchi PA5E II+ MonitorAudio Gold GS 60 speakers.

#385 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:32 PM

Common in this thread you have Koscof1 with the same problem..

It is only one report, so not common :) 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#386 fibi76

fibi76

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

It is only one report, so not common :)

Now its 2. "Common" becouse you wrote "I have not heard of this issue from any of our customers and many use  XMOS DACs."

:)

#387 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Now its 2. "Common" becouse you wrote "I have not heard of this issue from any of our customers and many use  XMOS DACs."

:)

Yes, but you have not tried JCAT USB Card yet. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#388 strongkku

strongkku

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:50 AM

Hi Macrin, I installed the JCAT USB Card FEMTO 2 days ago and it was very pleasant to me, very good!

I chose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware. When I check the firmware for errors,I got this output:

C:\JACTUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe / srom 0 / verify k2026090.mem cfg201v3.ini
 Parameter error = "/" 

1. Can the firmware be installed repeatedly?

2. Does the firmware affect the sound if there is an error?

3. I only choose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware. I tested that 2PORT is not connected to the DAC, only 1PORT can connect to the DAC.
  Does this mean that the firmware is installed correctly?

Thank you!

#389 strongkku

strongkku

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:01 PM

Hi Marcin

now I got this:

C:\JCATUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026
090.mem cfg201v3.ini

[Target Device]Bus:0x02 Device:0x00 Function:0x00
This Device is uPD720201(Revision 3).
Verify Serial ROM....  100%
Verify complete

I chose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware.

But why is the [Target Device] bus: 0x02 instead of 0x01?

What is the use of W201FW21.exe in 1PORT,

I am curious to run W201FW21.exe, will this affect?

Thank you!

#390 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

Hi Macrin, I installed the JCAT USB Card FEMTO 2 days ago and it was very pleasant to me, very good!

I chose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware. When I check the firmware for errors,I got this output:

C:\JACTUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe / srom 0 / verify k2026090.mem cfg201v3.ini
 Parameter error = "/" 

1. Can the firmware be installed repeatedly?

2. Does the firmware affect the sound if there is an error?

3. I only choose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware. I tested that 2PORT is not connected to the DAC, only 1PORT can connect to the DAC.
  Does this mean that the firmware is installed correctly?

Thank you!

Good to hear you're enjoying the card :)

1. Yes, it can be installed repeatedly, although not sure why you'd want that

2. No, if there is an error it means the firmware was not loaded

3. If 2nd port does not work then it means it's loaded properly :) 

Hi Marcin

now I got this:

C:\JCATUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026
090.mem cfg201v3.ini

[Target Device]Bus:0x02 Device:0x00 Function:0x00
This Device is uPD720201(Revision 3).
Verify Serial ROM....  100%
Verify complete

I chose 1PORT to upgrade the firmware.

But why is the [Target Device] bus: 0x02 instead of 0x01?

What is the use of W201FW21.exe in 1PORT,

I am curious to run W201FW21.exe, will this affect?

Thank you!

Bux 0x02 is the location of the card in your PC. W201FW21.exe is the firmware upgrade tool. Please follow the manual I wrote.  Otherwise you may damage the card. 

Best regards,

Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#391 strongkku

strongkku

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

Hi Marcin Thank you very much for your reply.

I bought the JCAT NET Card FEMTO yesterday and I am looking forward to it. :)

• Marcin_gps likes this

#392 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:39 AM

Hi Marcin Thank you very much for your reply.

I bought the JCAT NET Card FEMTO yesterday and I am looking forward to it. :)

Thank you and enjoy :) Let us know your impressions too

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users