• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#361 koscsof1

koscsof1

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

Anybody here with a Holo Spring 2 DAC? I was told it is using an XMOS U216 chip and it seems it is not compatible with JCAT USB Femto card, and it is not compatible with other audio optimized cards too. I tried it with several different PCs, software, cables, power supplies, reinstalling drivers few times, all PCs are compatible with the DAC with their original USB ports and I can use the DAC with a Singxer SU-1 and the audio USB cards. Tried all the different PCIe slots but no difference. All the audio USB cards work with an USB stick and external SSDs, HDDs. I completed the upgrade of the Femto card too, but did not help. 

The PCs can see the DAC, can change its sample rate accordingly but the ASIO initialization fails and no sound when click on the Play button. 

Any similar experience? Any idea what to do? Thanks for any help. 

By the way, I just started to use the Femto card and really like it. 

#362 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:13 PM

Anybody here with a Holo Spring 2 DAC? I was told it is using an XMOS U216 chip and it seems it is not compatible with JCAT USB Femto card, and it is not compatible with other audio optimized cards too. I tried it with several different PCs, software, cables, power supplies, reinstalling drivers few times, all PCs are compatible with the DAC with their original USB ports and I can use the DAC with a Singxer SU-1 and the audio USB cards. Tried all the different PCIe slots but no difference. All the audio USB cards work with an USB stick and external SSDs, HDDs. I completed the upgrade of the Femto card too, but did not help. 

The PCs can see the DAC, can change its sample rate accordingly but the ASIO initialization fails and no sound when click on the Play button. 

Any similar experience? Any idea what to do? Thanks for any help. 

By the way, I just started to use the Femto card and really like it. 

Hello,

Thanks for the  report. 

Does a test tone in Windows sound panel work?  

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#363 koscsof1

koscsof1

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the  report. 

Does a test tone in Windows sound panel work?  

Regards, 
Marcin

It works as Wasapi device. It does not work as ASIO. I can use it with Jplay in Classic mode, thanks for your help. 

#364 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:03 PM

It works as Wasapi device. It does not work as ASIO. I can use it with Jplay in Classic mode, thanks for your help. 

This means the issue is not likely related due to  the use of  JCAT USB Card  FEMTO. I'd try reinstalling DAC  drivers. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#365 koscsof1

koscsof1

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:17 PM

I did not think it is a Femto card issue for sure, as the DAC does not work with other USB cards, like PP v2 for example. I just wonder if anybody aware of this issue. Can be the problem of the XMOS U216? 

I tried the reinstall of the Holo driver, did a firmware upgrade too, but did not help.

Anyway thanks for your help. 

#366 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

I did not think it is a Femto card issue for sure, as the DAC does not work with other USB cards, like PP v2 for example. I just wonder if anybody aware of this issue. Can be the problem of the XMOS U216? 

I tried the reinstall of the Holo driver, did a firmware upgrade too, but did not help.

Anyway thanks for your help. 

Not likely. Is there a different driver available?  If so, I'd try it.

Regards, 
Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#367 koscsof1

koscsof1

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

I just got the info from Magna HiFi that Holo Spring 2 needs a firmware upgrade to work with those mentioned USB cards (JCAT USB Femto included) properly in ASIO and they are now working on it. 

#368 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:59 AM

I just got the info from Magna HiFi that Holo Spring 2 needs a firmware upgrade to work with those mentioned USB cards (JCAT USB Femto included) properly in ASIO and they are now working on it. 

Good news - thanks for sharing!

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#369 frizzup

frizzup

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

Hi Marcin, and fellow Jplayers.

Have dual PC setup from the early days of Jplay, upgraded to FEMTO Jplay and Audio Optimizer V3.0 on Win 2016 Server.

Now considering adding a FEMTO USB card to replace PPA Studio V2. Will adding the FEMTO USB invalidate my AudioPC Jplay and Audio Optimizer Licences and have me having to re-install and use up one of my allocated Licence keys for each of the products?

Thanks in anticipation

Frizzup 

#370 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Hi Marcin, and fellow Jplayers.

Have dual PC setup from the early days of Jplay, upgraded to FEMTO Jplay and Audio Optimizer V3.0 on Win 2016 Server.

Now considering adding a FEMTO USB card to replace PPA Studio V2. Will adding the FEMTO USB invalidate my AudioPC Jplay and Audio Optimizer Licences and have me having to re-install and use up one of my allocated Licence keys for each of the products?

Thanks in anticipation

Frizzup 

Hi Frizzup, 

No, it will not invalidate your licenses.  NET Card might,  but then it's no problem, I can reset the counter for free.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#371 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

Hi Marcin, how are you? I've already begun developing and building my new desktop with the new power supplies, and soon I must inaugurate a topic to share the evolution.

I have a question regarding JCAT cards. Some time ago I asked if I could feed them internally with only the 5v power supply, and you answered yes. Said the card doesn't use the internal 12v provided by the MOLEX connector. Up to this point, everything perfect. My question now relates to GND (black) cables. The MOLEX standard has two centralized GND connectors, but I believe that only one of them is directly related to the 5v power supply. To power the JCAT cards, should I use the two GND cables, or just one? I thought of trying to leave only the GND that is next to the 5v path, but I'm afraid to interrupt the power supply and damage the JCAT card somehow.

NpPzH.png.2247ccf5de9c4fd1f5665c764d6b92

Thank you!

• Carlosoptico likes this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R);

- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock Q1900-ITX motherboard, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1333MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0, a Intel Core i7-4750T, an Arctic Alpine 11 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x4); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#372 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

Hi Felipe,

Please use only these two:

Attached File  molex.jpg   121.79KB   3 downloads

Regards, 

Marcin

• FelipeRolim and Carlosoptico like this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#373 Kisum

Kisum

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

Hi Marcin,

After the update you can type in CMD from within 2PORTS folder (or 1PORT folder if you loaded this) : w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026090.mem cfg201v3.ini

I followed your advice got this output:

C:\Windows\system32>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026090.mem cfg201v3.ini
'w201fw21.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Is this ok?

Martin

#374 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

Hi Marcin,

I followed your advice got this output:

C:\Windows\system32>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026090.mem cfg201v3.ini
'w201fw21.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Is this ok?

Martin

You need to run the command from within the folder where you extracted the firmware

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#375 Kisum

Kisum

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

Hi Marcin

now I got this:

D:\Installation\Jplay\JCATUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026
090.mem cfg201v3.ini
[Target Device]Bus:0x01 Device:0x00 Function:0x00
This Device is uPD720201(Revision 3).
Verify Serial ROM....  100%
Verify complete

ok?

Martin

#376 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

Hi Marcin

now I got this:

D:\Installation\Jplay\JCATUSBFEMTO_FW20\1PORT>w201fw21.exe /srom 0 /verify K2026
090.mem cfg201v3.ini
[Target Device]Bus:0x01 Device:0x00 Function:0x00
This Device is uPD720201(Revision 3).
Verify Serial ROM....  100%
Verify complete

ok?

Martin

Yes, perfect :)

If the firmware  wasn't installed, you'd get 'mismatch error'

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#377 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

New large batch of JCAT USB Cards FEMTO has just arrived! 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#378 elvinesnguyen

elvinesnguyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:30 AM

Hi Marcin and gang,

Received the USB Femto card couple of weeks ago (must be from your new batch) however only got time to put it into my system today. My DAC is a Chord Qutest powered by an external LPS which I understand doesn't require power from the USB cable. So follow the instruction included I removed all jumpers on the card and install it into the system. The card is fed by the external iFi low noise adaptor (so I didn't connect the 5V connection from the computer)

Nothing works, the system doesn't seem to recognise the USB card, it doens't see my Chord Qutest as well (the Qutest works fine with other USB port on the board) I tried plug a USB card reader to the Femto card but nothing either it seem the card is not being recognised in my system. My USB controllers list in Device Manager showing like this and I don't see anything Femto related nor different when I don't have the card plug in:

https://paste.pics/6J96B

What I might be doing wrong or I have a faulty card? I am running Windows 10 so assume no driver required. I was really excited :lol: hope someone can help point me to the right direct and get it start rocking. 

Thanks heaps.

#379 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:15 AM

Hi Marcin and gang,

Received the USB Femto card couple of weeks ago (must be from your new batch) however only got time to put it into my system today. My DAC is a Chord Qutest powered by an external LPS which I understand doesn't require power from the USB cable. So follow the instruction included I removed all jumpers on the card and install it into the system. The card is fed by the external iFi low noise adaptor (so I didn't connect the 5V connection from the computer)

Nothing works, the system doesn't seem to recognise the USB card, it doens't see my Chord Qutest as well (the Qutest works fine with other USB port on the board) I tried plug a USB card reader to the Femto card but nothing either it seem the card is not being recognised in my system. My USB controllers list in Device Manager showing like this and I don't see anything Femto related nor different when I don't have the card plug in:

https://paste.pics/6J96B

What I might be doing wrong or I have a faulty card? I am running Windows 10 so assume no driver required. I was really excited :lol: hope someone can help point me to the right direct and get it start rocking. 

Thanks heaps.

Hello, 

Chord Qutest definitely requires 5V via USB port, so please reinstall jumpers, connect PSU and it will work fine :)

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users