Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:44 PM
Hi Marcin, how are you? I've already begun developing and building my new desktop with the new power supplies, and soon I must inaugurate a topic to share the evolution.
I have a question regarding JCAT cards. Some time ago I asked if I could feed them internally with only the 5v power supply, and you answered yes. Said the card doesn't use the internal 12v provided by the MOLEX connector. Up to this point, everything perfect. My question now relates to GND (black) cables. The MOLEX standard has two centralized GND connectors, but I believe that only one of them is directly related to the 5v power supply. To power the JCAT cards, should I use the two GND cables, or just one? I thought of trying to leave only the GND that is next to the 5v path, but I'm afraid to interrupt the power supply and damage the JCAT card somehow.
- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;
- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;
- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;
- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative Version, Minority Clean (XIII in Control-PC and XXVII in Audio-PC) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R ) NCF as inlet.
- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR or Siltech 770i (interconnect), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.
- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R ) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.