323 replies to this topic

#321 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

Hi Marcin,

May I know how do I check if my PC (USB card femto) has correctly installed the version 2.0 firmware ?

Hello, 

If the firmware update process ended successfully and you've followed the read me file then the firmware is loaded :)

Hello,

New there, I will be an happy (hopefully) owner of a Femto USB card in the next days. I have a Linux PC though, and the instructions about the new firmware are only for Windows...As this new firmware seems to bring some improvements, do you know if there's a way to make this update without a windows PC ?

FYI, if there's of any interest, I have a DIY Streacom FC8 chassis with a quadcore AMD Ryzen, Audio-linux OS used with roon only, 2 external LPSU, 1 for MB, 1 for the PCIe card (12V+internal Mojo Audio regulator to get 5v) -> Jcat USB isolator -> curious USB cable -> PSaudio Directsrtream Jr.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The firmware update tool is available for Windows only. Once the update procedure is finished, the card can be installed in a linux machine. 

Regards, 
Marcin

#322 Redscouser

Redscouser

Beginner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

Marcin,

Could you please forward the original Femto USB card firmware as i am having problems playing any sample rate file form Jriver to my Playback Design USB3 Fibre interface box.

Best Regards, Mark
mark.lorenson@hotmail.com

Continuum Labs Criterion TT – Cobra Arm – AirTight Supreme – Ortofon A90
DartZeel Pre – Power - FM Acoustics FM-122
Playback Designs MPS-5 USB-X-3 interface
Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne
Torus Infrasonic Generator x 2

#323 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:03 AM

Marcin,

Could you please forward the original Femto USB card firmware as i am having problems playing any sample rate file form Jriver to my Playback Design USB3 Fibre interface box.

Best Regards, Mark
mark.lorenson@hotmail.com

Hi Mark, 

This should not be related to the new firmware.  

Have yout tried a USB memory stick with on  one  of the card's USB ports to verify if the card works properly? 

Regards, 
Marcin

#324 Redscouser

Redscouser

Beginner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Marcin,

That is what i thought, my Dac did register connection to my computer by the front display...

Anyway i was going to see if i could sort things out and it seems now my system SSD has given up the ghost....

will keep you inform when i get things up and running....

• Marcin_gps likes this
Continuum Labs Criterion TT – Cobra Arm – AirTight Supreme – Ortofon A90
DartZeel Pre – Power - FM Acoustics FM-122
Playback Designs MPS-5 USB-X-3 interface
Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne
Torus Infrasonic Generator x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users