• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

You may check what I suggested (device manager) and reinstalling Diverter's driver. Some DACs/USB-DDCs require reinstalling driver when USB chipset/port is changed. 

#82 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

FINALLY!!!!!

This computer/digital stuff never stop to surprise me! :)

I did not reinstall the drivers, because it showed same symptoms when I tried with WTF player with Linux OS.

Now short story long! :)

The only way that is working is FEMTO => JCAT usb cbl => Isolator =>10-15cm DIY usb cable => ifi ipurifier2 => Sonicweld

Changing JCAT usb cable after Isolator is not working! Looks that it likes short connection after the Isolator!

From the beginning I wanted to try the usb adapter, from Isolator to Sonicweld, but I don't have enough space in the back, since my Sonicweld is attached to my DAC via BNC/BNC adapter!

Taking away the ipurifier 2 is NOT WORKING!!!! By all means I expected the opposite!

SOUND:

Adding only Ipurifier between FEMTO card and Sonicweld, I get more clear sound, better highs, but the voices are tinnier and to screamy. Bass is the same, but a bit tighter.

Adding the Isolator with the Ipurifier2 and the cable that I made, I get a bit less harshness and a bit better bass, but  nothing like jaw dropping, just a bit. (comparing without all 3 of them)

For the record I have to to mention that my system already is very quiet. Also, the Isolator was connected for more than 2 weeks into my laptop, to burn in!!

So far I'm happy that I finally made it work and still happy with the improvement, considering my weakest link the short DIY usb cable.

#83 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

LOL. This is really weird.. Anyway, good to hear it works! :)

#84 xsonic1

xsonic1

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Hey everyone,

just reporting on the JCAT Isolator/ISO cable and the USB FEMTO card I recently purchased. They have been in my system for about a week and a half and seem to be well burned in.

I am very happy with the results. I have listened with the Isolator/ISO cable in and out of my system and will say that there is an improvement in the pace of the music with the Isolator in the system. I hear better defined bass, a deeper background which results in low level details being more apparent and providing improved dynamics. Highly recommended!

I'll report on the FEMTO card in the other topic area... but for info the FEMTO card replaces a JCAT v1.1 USB card.

I am using a single PC driven by a 100W linear power supply. Marcin has been working on me to go to a 2-PC set up! Always another step to improve the window into the music -- The reason I enjoy this so much!

Fanless dedicated Audio PC w/ FEMTO card ==> JCAT Reference cable ==> JCAT Isolatpr ==> ISO cable ==> Auralic VEGA

Main system: Ayre K-5xeMP ==> Parasound JC 1 Monoblocks ==> Magneplaner MG-20.1 & REL 5S Sub-woofers

• Marcin_gps likes this

#85 JosV

JosV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Since a week i’m using the JCAT usb Isolator and now i can share my thoughts.

My system: 

Mac mini / Audirvana+ > Sbooster Vbus2 > Chord usb SilverPlus (5 meters) > Audiophonics USB adapter cable with Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 5V > JCAT usb Isolator > Curious usb Regenlink (20 cm) > iFi iLink (usb to SPDIF convertor) > Apogee wyde eye cable > Accuphase DP-400 > Crimson RMM XLRB 50 cm > Accuphase E-450 > MIT MH-750 Shotgun > JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme V2.

Additional : PS Audio P5 Power Plant, Acrolink/Oyaide power cables, all Furutech small fuses, Black Ravioli Big feet 1 and many more ’tweaks’.

At first i tried the JCAT instead of an Uptone Regen and was very pleased with the sound. But after a while the sound changed and became worse, the JCAT had to brake in. The sound kept on changing untill the point of 150 hours break in. At that time i enjoyed the sound, all digital noise was gone, it was fluent, natural and musical. But after a while i found it lacking in dynamics (a little soft), missing power and missing pressure in the lower area.

Thereafter i tried the JCAT isolator together with my Uptone Regen (as well placed before and after the JCAT. That does’nt work, after a minute or so the sound becomes distorted (constant tics and plops). I tried different usb cables in different orders and also the JCAT at the computer side.

I assume the 5 meter long usb cable is the problem, but since the Mac mini is in an adjacent room a shorter cable is no option.

I also tried the JCAT in combination with an AQ Jitterbug and found that the sound got worse, softer with less resolution and detail.

By the way, the JCAT also works in front of the 5 meter long Chord usb SilverPlus cable. The sound quality is less good, but it works and it is stable without any distortion. This in contrast to postings suggesting the JCAT needs a short usb cable after it. 

Before buying the JCAT i had read at www.xtremeplace.com from Durianlover88 about the Intona industrial. He wrote about using an Audiophonics USB adapter cable in combination with an external 5V LPS.

With the Uptone Regen i had a Sbooster LPS in use, so i decided to try the Audiophonics USB adapter cable with the Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 5V.

This works very very well indeed ! Now i enjoy all the goods from the JCAT usb Isolator together with all the positives that i knew from the Uptone Regen.

So, i think that the JCAT Isolator by itself is fine, but in combination with a good external power supply it is really fantastic.

Of course, when you attach the JCAT to a self supplying DAC that has no need for the 5V coming from JCAT, the external supply is not relevant.

Very happily Recommended !

#86 KT77

KT77

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hi All,

Having just purchased a JCAT USB Isolator earlier this morning, I'm hoping that it doesn't take to long to arrive stateside. As I'm dying to see what others have been talking about. Has anyone here had one delivered to the states?, and on average how long did it take to reach you?, and yes......., I wrote the company earlier with the same question, but haven't received any response......, hence my joining to ask aloud here.

Regards,
O_o scar

#87 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hi All,

Having just purchased a JCAT USB Isolator earlier this morning, I'm hoping that it doesn't take to long to arrive stateside. As I'm dying to see what others have been talking about. Has anyone here had one delivered to the states?, and on average how long did it take to reach you?, and yes......., I wrote the company earlier with the same question, but haven't received any response......, hence my joining to ask aloud here.

Regards,
O_o scar

Hi O_o scar :)

As I wrote in the email, your order was shipped even before your email arrived on Friday :)

Regards, 

Marcin

#88 taxman2

taxman2

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

There is a great improvement over SQ!!! I can not believe my ears. I've never expected such an improvement... Great gadget!!!!

• Marcin_gps likes this

Furman Elite 16i (power conditioner), JPLAY, AO, PL Pro, F Pro, 2 x mini fanless PC, WS 2016 core, JCAT USB Card, 3 x 100W ZeroZone LPS, audioquest cinnamon ethernet cable, achtung pure silver split type usb cable, JCAT Isolator, DIY pure silver usb 12 cm cable, SU-1, audioquest vodka HDMI cable, Gustard X-20, achtung pure silver XLR, Emotiva XMC-1 (preamp), achtung pure silver XLR, 2 x Emotiva XPA-1(monoblocks), teluriumQ Black speaker cables, Focal Electra 1008BE; 2x REL T5 subwoofers;

#89 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Great to hear - enjoy :)

#90 rumkata1

rumkata1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

I received today the usb Isolator

• Marcin_gps likes this

#91 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

SoundStage! Ultra has just posted the review of JCAT USB Isolator & JCAT USB Card: http://www.soundstag...nd-usb-isolator

Best regards,

Marcin

#92 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

JCAT USB Isolator reviewed by Audio Gallery magazine from Italy. Grazie Giulio!

Attached File  Audio Gallery - JCat isolator.pdf   2.5MB   23 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users