91 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

I'm pleased to announce new product: JCAT USB Isolator

It's available now and ready to ship. More info here: http://jplay.eu/ml_p...t-usb-isolator/

Regards, 
Marcin

#2 kaka

kaka

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi Marcin

What does it add if you are already running a jcat USB card from a battery supply?

Thanks

Linear+battery power supplied machine - Roonserver, HQPlayer, AO, Fideliser, Process Lasso - Jcat USB board - Chord USB - Mutec reclocker on linear supply - Stereolab Tron spdif - Lampizator Big 7

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

Hi Marcin

What does it add if you are already running a jcat USB card from a battery supply?

Thanks

Complete galvanic isolation of both data and power lines. In terms of sound quality you get lower noisefloor, sound stage is deeper with better & clearer layering. 

Regards, 

Marcin

#4 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

Where in the chain is this placed - I assume straight after pc / usb card before main usb cable link to dac or spdif convertor?

#5 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:45 AM

Where in the chain is this placed - I assume straight after pc / usb card before main usb cable link to dac or spdif convertor?

Correct! 

PC/laptop USB port/USB card -> JCAT USB Isolator -> USB DAC/USB DDC

#6 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

where in the chain would one wire in their Jcat reference USB Cable?  Can you please elaborate on the chain

Also as another cable is needed - would a JCat USB (non ref) work as that other link?

Thanks 

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

where in the chain would one wire in their Jcat reference USB Cable?  Can you please elaborate on the chain

Also as another cable is needed - would a JCat USB (non ref) work as that other link?

Thanks 

The JCAT Reference USB cable is best fit between PC and the JCAT USB Isolator, because the JCAT USB Isolator has only one TypeA USB output, so you would be able to connect only one lead from the JCAT Reference USB cable. 

Of course JCAT USB Cable is fine in both places. 

• ellisdj likes this

#8 Cat

Cat

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

Hello Marcin,

Do I still need a linear power supply if I use this USB isolator? I ask the question because I'm still using a SeaSonic ATX  SMPS and was thinking to choose for a linear power supply ... I see here that this USB isolator block all noise from computer, so I guess it also block all ripple current noise from ATX SMPS power supply...?

Thanks in advance,

CAT

#9 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Hello Marcin,

Do I still need a linear power supply if I use this USB isolator? I ask the question because I'm still using a SeaSonic ATX  SMPS and was thinking to choose for a linear power supply ... I see here that this USB isolator block all noise from computer, so I guess it also block all ripple current noise from ATX SMPS power supply...?

Thanks in advance,

CAT

Good question. The answer is that linear power supply for PC still has an effect on sound quality, smaller but still. 

#10 Cat

Cat

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:18 AM

Good question. The answer is that linear power supply for PC still has an effect on sound quality, smaller but still. 

Is there a driver to install, or is it transparent? So, is my M2tech Hiface will still be the unit that JPLAY will see?

#11 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

Is there a driver to install, or is it transparent? So, is my M2tech Hiface will still be the unit that JPLAY will see?

No drivers. plug & play :)

#12 Cat

Cat

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hi Marcin, other question: 

I use the 5V linear JCAT power supply to feed the jcat usb card. I see this usb isolator doesn't need a power supply,it takes the 5V from usb cable. So, does that mean that 500mA will be used in addition on the jcat linear power supply?

#13 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:50 PM

Hi Marcin, other question: 

I use the 5V linear JCAT power supply to feed the jcat usb card. I see this usb isolator doesn't need a power supply,it takes the 5V from usb cable. So, does that mean that 500mA will be used in addition on the jcat linear power supply?

Correct. 

#14 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

I really want one of these - who is going to be the first to buy one and feedback - come on.. :)

#15 scirica

scirica

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

This is of great interest to me. I've gone down the Regen, W4S, and now PS Audio LANRover path so far. Each had their plusses and minuses, and I was most intrigued by the galvanic isolation promised by the LANRover. Unfortunately the LANRover proved incompatible with my Esoteric K-03X DAC.

Question will be about compatibility with the Esoteric USB driver in my system. If, as is the case with LANRover, this does not work with the Esoteric driver, will there be a return policy?  I'm hoping this works and remains a permanent upgrade in my system.

Thanks,

Steve

#16 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

This is of great interest to me. I've gone down the Regen, W4S, and now PS Audio LANRover path so far. Each had their plusses and minuses, and I was most intrigued by the galvanic isolation promised by the LANRover. Unfortunately the LANRover proved incompatible with my Esoteric K-03X DAC.

Question will be about compatibility with the Esoteric USB driver in my system. If, as is the case with LANRover, this does not work with the Esoteric driver, will there be a return policy?  I'm hoping this works and remains a permanent upgrade in my system.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome!

Yes, there is a 2-week return policy. There should be no compatibility issues, but we can't test it with all DACs/devices on the market. 

Regards. 

Marcin

• scirica likes this

#17 scirica

scirica

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Hi Steve and welcome!

Yes, there is a 2-week return policy. There should be no compatibility issues, but we can't test it with all DACs/devices on the market. 

Regards. 

Marcin

Thanks for the welcome Marcin. I've hovered around the JPlay site for a long time but this will be my first purchase. I'm sure I will know whether this is compatible with the Esoteric driver within minutes of installation. Hoping to read some early reviews in the meantime.  It was very disappointing that the Esoteric driver appears to be quite picky and didn't like the LANRover.  Hoping that won't be the case here given a quite different approach to isolation.

Cheers,

Steve

• Marcin_gps likes this

#18 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

JPLAY and JCAT USB Isolator featured in the latest issue of NetAudio magazine in Japan!

Attached File  NetAudio_cover.jpg   107.68KB   7 downloads

Attached File  netaudio jplay.jpg   1.11MB   7 downloads

Attached File  netaudio jcat usb isolator.jpg   783.73KB   6 downloads

• Adrian and ellisdj like this

#19 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:29 PM

First reviews of the JCAT USB Isolator are coming out:

http://asoyaji.blogs...b-isolator.html

• ellisdj likes this

#20 scirica

scirica

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Marcin:

Made my purchase this morning. Had a little hiccup with PayPal at the end. Can you confirm the order was completed?

Thanks,

Steve Cirica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users