Photo

Why using Fidelizer and Audiophile Optimizer at the same time if both programs do the same.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ALGA

ALGA

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hello.

From what i understand AO and Fidelizer are Audio Optimizers that re-configure the OS in order to get out the most for best SQ. So I don`t understand why some friends use both programs at the same time. If for example the AO disable one parameter or alter one value in the OS and then the Fidelizer again re do that or worst yet undo that, from my understanding this combination is not ideal for the audio system.

Does anyone know how could an audio system benefits from this match, Audiohile Optimizer + Fidelizer or Fidelizer Pro

Thanks in advance  

#2 Cornan

Cornan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:56 AM

There is a lot in the expression "No man is an island". Even if both AO and Fidelizer strive for similar results does´nt mean they do it the very same way. Plenty of people use both with good results...and add Process Lasso to the table as well. The best way to know if it works for you is simply to try it out. All of them have a free trial (AO=14 days money back trial).

Personally I use Fidelizer Pro and Process Lasso. Both adds enhancements to my own setup. I use Jplaystreamer...but not is a dual pc setup (ie.Android tablet to Windows 10 PC)...so adding AO is not an option for me. If I did use a dual pc setup with Server OS AO would be the first thing I would install.

/Micael

<p>Supra RJ45 Cat7+>>Asus Nexus 7 32 GB Gen 2 w/BubbleDS Next control point>>JplayStreamer for Tidal (KS/UltraStream/1 Hz/10 Sec)>>Fidelizer Pro>>Process Lasso Pro>>Lenovo Thinkpad x201 w/Windows 10 Pro>>Delock USB PC ExpressCard>>SBooster Vbus2 Isolator>>Audioquest Jitterbug>>Elijah Audio Konvertible Lite 500 w/o 5v wire>>Kingrex uPower (not connected to mains)>>USB Regen Amber>>Elijah Audio Kovertible Lite 160 w/5v wire unplugged>>Pioneer U-05 S on flagstone w/Entreq Catfoots>>Entreq Minimus w/Entreq Ertha Cupper RCA (DAC) & Entreq Eartha Cupper USB (PC)>>Fostex TH-900

#3 bobflood

bobflood

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

I use Fidelizer Pro (6.14) and Process Lasso together as well with excellent results. Phil is going to release a version of AO for Win 10 and that should be a great addition.

• Cornan likes this

#4 ALGA

ALGA

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

I use Fidelizer Pro (6.14) and Process Lasso together as well with excellent results. Phil is going to release a version of AO for Win 10 and that should be a great addition.

Hello Bobflood

Interesting. Are you using Infinity Blade for the player with the rewriting?

#5 bobflood

bobflood

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

Hello Bobflood

Interesting. Are you using Infinity Blade for the player with the rewriting?

Hi ALGA, I use a two pc setup but I use LMS 7.9 on the control PC and Squeezelite into JPlay on the audio PC. This allows me to use the ickstream platform to stream from several lossless services. I control it with the Soundicity app or my old Logitech Duet wireless controller. Old tech for sure but it works every time (unless one of the services is out). I rarely listen to my local files anymore. If Roon supported more lossless services, I would switch over to that platform as it is very good but as it is now Tidal is the only one they support.

BTW, Fidelizer 7.0 will be out in the near future.

#6 Cornan

Cornan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

Hi ALGA, I use a two pc setup but I use LMS 7.9 on the control PC and Squeezelite into JPlay on the audio PC. This allows me to use the ickstream platform to stream from several lossless services. I control it with the Soundicity app or my old Logitech Duet wireless controller. Old tech for sure but it works every time (unless one of the services is out). I rarely listen to my local files anymore. If Roon supported more lossless services, I would switch over to that platform as it is very good but as it is now Tidal is the only one they support.

BTW, Fidelizer 7.0 will be out in the near future.

You might want to check out Sonore microRendu!
Here is a link to the CA thread: http://www.computera...s-output-27389/
...and here is a link to the product:http://www.microrendu.sonore.us

Roon is supported and I guess you would like the SqueezeLite output as well! :-)

It will soon be released and I am surely going go get one asap. It will be a game changer! :-)

/Micael
<p>Supra RJ45 Cat7+>>Asus Nexus 7 32 GB Gen 2 w/BubbleDS Next control point>>JplayStreamer for Tidal (KS/UltraStream/1 Hz/10 Sec)>>Fidelizer Pro>>Process Lasso Pro>>Lenovo Thinkpad x201 w/Windows 10 Pro>>Delock USB PC ExpressCard>>SBooster Vbus2 Isolator>>Audioquest Jitterbug>>Elijah Audio Konvertible Lite 500 w/o 5v wire>>Kingrex uPower (not connected to mains)>>USB Regen Amber>>Elijah Audio Kovertible Lite 160 w/5v wire unplugged>>Pioneer U-05 S on flagstone w/Entreq Catfoots>>Entreq Minimus w/Entreq Ertha Cupper RCA (DAC) & Entreq Eartha Cupper USB (PC)>>Fostex TH-900

#7 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hello

Who told you that AO & Fidelizer do the same? Because they absolutely don't do the same. :-) The overlapp if at all is only a few percent, but both work very well together.

Very best,
AudioPhil

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

ıllıllı [ AO 4.00 BETA ] ıllıllı

#8 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

There is a lot in the expression "No man is an island". Even if both AO and Fidelizer strive for similar results does´nt mean they do it the very same way. Plenty of people use both with good results...and add Process Lasso to the table as well. The best way to know if it works for you is simply to try it out. All of them have a free trial (AO=14 days money back trial).

Personally I use Fidelizer Pro and Process Lasso. Both adds enhancements to my own setup. I use Jplaystreamer...but not is a dual pc setup (ie.Android tablet to Windows 10 PC)...so adding AO is not an option for me. If I did use a dual pc setup with Server OS AO would be the first thing I would install.

/Micael

Hi Micael

Why is adding AO no option for you?

Best,
AudioPhil

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

ıllıllı [ AO 4.00 BETA ] ıllıllı

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users