Photo

Minimserver and Fidelizer - minimserver only loads original modules, packages under fidelizer

Minimserver Fidelizer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 timd

timd

Beginner

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

Single PC, jplay, fidelizer, minimserver kazoo.

Until recently I had fidelizer open Kazoo. Minimserver server in startup folder etc. All worked well. With latest Fidelizer update I decided to get Fidelizer to open minimserver for best optimisation as Kazoo is front end for minimserver etc & thought optimising minimserver and associated stuff may bring improvements.

Selecting minimserver when running Fidelizer is fine either via short cut or direct to mserver.jar. problem is that via Fidelizer, only the original modules/packages open and I use the latest packages with FFMPEG, so as a result I cannot play flac and various other codecs.

I have gone back to previous settings opening minimserver in startup but wondered if anyone had any ideas to overcome this so via Fidelizer will open minimserver server with all modules/packages.

I have disabled users accounts as recommended by Windows X. but it made no difference.
Thanks.
  • DavidLiess likes this

#2 Josef

Josef

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:11 PM

Can't help with Fidelizer but Ffmpeg is not needed for FLAC, it's handled internally by MinimServer.

#3 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

Does it work when run the software manually outside Fidelizer?

Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator
Pre: Viola Labs Cadenza
Power: Karan KA S 450
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa
Fidelizer developer from www.fidelizer-audio.com

#4 timd

timd

Beginner

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

Minimserver loads complete with latest packages when started manually.

When starting from Fidelizer, only original packages/modules load. The latest packages allow setting stream conversion out, which I feel offers a slight improvement over the original packages.

It does seem strange as when starting via Fidelizer, I open with minimserver shortcut or mserver.jar, which is the same when starting manually.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#5 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:08 AM

Sorry for late reply. It looks like Fidelizer runs minimserver from adminstrator account so it doesn't work  well with others. You can try setting EnableLUA to 0 to disable UAC completely so Fidelizer won't need to run from Administrator account and that should resolve the case.

Regards,

Windows X

Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator
Pre: Viola Labs Cadenza
Power: Karan KA S 450
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa
Fidelizer developer from www.fidelizer-audio.com

#6 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

I have also been having a problem with Win10/Fidelizer Pro/Kazoo on a dual pc setup. If I manually start Minimserver/Kazoo all is fine. If I get Fidelizer to start Minimserver (using the Fidelizer menu option) then the music directory is not found. I have EnableLUA to 0. Not a big issue but a shame as the convenience of Fidelizer starting Minimserver was handy. Anyone else had a similar problem?

I should state that overall I'm really happy with Fidelizer PRO on my PC's.

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#7 NickD

NickD

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Yes, samw here. On the advice of WindowsX, I just opened the properties tabs on the "new" instance of minimserver, pasted in all the configuration info and now it works just fine. Just have to do it once ☺

#8 tboooe

tboooe

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

Yes, samw here. On the advice of WindowsX, I just opened the properties tabs on the "new" instance of minimserver, pasted in all the configuration info and now it works just fine. Just have to do it once ☺

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I would love to understand how to get Minimserver to start automatically when I turn on my Control PC.  Right now I have to use remote desktop and manually start Minimserver via a script I wrote.  

Can you please explain in more detail what you did here?  It would be very convenient if I could get Minimserver to start automatically.

#9 NickD

NickD

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:29 AM

Sorry for the late reply. When i installed fidelizer pro i got the red minimserver icon and when 'right clicked' properties noticed that all fields blank. The "fix" is to re-enter all fields into the properties minimserver gui. Once that is done, the next time you autostart minim the icon wiil be 'in the green'. Seems to be a user vs admin issue, but a one-time redo takes care of it.

#10 tboooe

tboooe

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Sorry for the late reply. When i installed fidelizer pro i got the red minimserver icon and when 'right clicked' properties noticed that all fields blank. The "fix" is to re-enter all fields into the properties minimserver gui. Once that is done, the next time you autostart minim the icon wiil be 'in the green'. Seems to be a user vs admin issue, but a one-time redo takes care of it.

Thank you.  So if I am understanding you correctly, you point Fidelizer to Minimserver on the control PC?  Which file exactly do you point Fidelizer to?  

#11 NickD

NickD

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

I point fidelizer to mserver.jar Should be in the \lib folder

N.

#12 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

Thanks NickD - I have been having similar problems in getting Minimserver to auto start from Fidelizer PRO and have tried pointing Fidelizer to the mserver.jar file as posted above.

This does not allow Minimserver to start automatically on my dual pc setup but it does appear to have resolved a problem where Minimserver was not seeing some of my music directory (it showed all albums but on some the files showed 'CD' and wouldn't play).

Interested to know if pointing Fidelizer PRO to the mserver.jar file is working and allows Minimserver to auto start?

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#13 NickD

NickD

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

Yes, autostart is no problem with pointer to mserver.jar. It sounds like minim may be finding errors in your library? Maybe set the log to 'debug' and check the report there. Simon on the minimserver forum can be very helpful resolving these issues.

#14 timd

timd

Beginner

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

With regards to minimserver not loading the latest packages. I tried the copy and pasting but got error messages saying packages were not found. I then connected my PC to Internet which I only normally do when updating software or downloading music.

Then copy and pasted again. All works fine now. Minimserver now starts via Fidelizer with all latest packages installed and sounds wonderful

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minimserver, Fidelizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users