Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

http://1drv.ms/1nBAKyD

Click "Rewrite data 1.0" at the bottom.

Win7/8.1 64-bit only, created by the developer of "Bug Head Emperor" Mr. Yokota in Japan.

UI in English only.  Document both in English and Japanese.

This software makes a bit-perfect copy of the original and overwrites it.  Therefore, a copy should be made before trial.

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Very interesting tweak, I like the player a lot too together with JPLAY :)

#3 rdsu

rdsu

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

""

SinglePC Headless | Windows Server 2019 Standard (Optimized) | Thesyson 3.26 (Minimum Latency) | JPLAY FEMTO 7D Alternative (KS, ULTRAstream, ~1000 Hz, Hibernate) | fidata Music App

#4 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

If I understood good, this software is improving the already ripped files? It's changing them to "a bit perfect", right?

#5 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

I'm fascinated by this software and don't even know exactly what it does.   Can someone explain it to me? How can a (presumably) bit perfect rip be improved upon? If jitter is diminished how is that accomplished?   And finally, I've tried using the software but the files I'm converting show no date change in properties. So I'm guessing I'm not doing something correctly even though it appears the program processed the files.   Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.   Joel

#6 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

This program makes a copy of the original while it is running.  If you open Explorer and monitor the folder where the original is located, you see a temporary file.  After the check of bit-perfectness, the properties of the copied file are changed and the original is deleted.   As I am a mere user, I am not in a position to explain how it works, but the result is obvious to everybody, isn't it?

#7 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

SIMA66 said:

If I understood good, this software is improving the already ripped files? It's changing them to "a bit perfect", right?

The target files do not have to be ripped music ones.  By changing the extension (ex. .mp4 -->mp3), this program can be applied to movie files as well.  The properties of the original and the processed file are exactly the same.  Therefore, there is no "change" in this respect.

#8 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

MINORISUKE said:

SIMA66 said:

The target files do not have to be ripped music ones.  By changing the extension (ex. .mp4 -->mp3), this program can be applied to movie files as well.  The properties of the original and the processed file are exactly the same.  Therefore, there is no "change" in this respect.

I confess that I must be slow on figuring out how to use this program.

I've installed the program, browsed to the folder with the files I wanted to change.

I saw the files I wanted to change in the folder.

Then I clicked on the start button and it went through the files as it looked like it should.

But there was no temporary folder created and I couldn't see in any way from the dates of the files how the files had changed.

Would someone please let me know what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Joel

#9 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

joelha said:

MINORISUKE said:

SIMA66 said:

I confess that I must be slow on figuring out how to use this program.

I've installed the program, browsed to the folder with the files I wanted to change.

I saw the files I wanted to change in the folder.

Then I clicked on the start button and it went through the files as it looked like it should.

But there was no temporary folder created and I couldn't see in any way from the dates of the files how the files had changed.

Would someone please let me know what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Joel

Check that your target file (= the file you want to convert) is not Read-Only and that there is enough space left in the same drive to make a copy.

There is no temporary folder created but a temporary file.

If the original has the name "music.wav", then the temporary file name looks like "music_rw_90905.wav".

This temporary file will be deleted automatically after bit-perfectness check.

I suggest you should try to convert a short music file in "My Music" folder first while displaying this folder on Explorer.

#10 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

This is nice. It defrags files so that contenats won't have fragmentation left. Normally data in file will be scattered so that it could fit into storage efficiently. This software will rearrange data altogether. When player read data from optimized file, data will be read continuously without interrupting to seek for other packets. Its effect will be lost after moving/copying.

Edited by Windows X, 31 December 2014 - 11:01 PM.

Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator
Pre: Viola Labs Cadenza
Power: Karan KA S 450
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa
Fidelizer developer from www.fidelizer-audio.com

#11 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the explanation, Windows X. The good news is I now understand how and why this process would work. The bad news is, based on your explanation, that you couldn't even put the files on a NAS let alone Linux or MAC because the degrag benefit would be lost. Do I have that right? Joel

#12 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

I applied this program to an SD card and put it into my SD card transport (D100 Pro Deluxe [Soundaware] as well as QA660 [QLS-HiFi]).  The same improvement could be clearly recognised.   In terms of files in the shared folders of a different PC in the same home network, the effect was also recognised.   The auther Mr. Yokota does not use the word "defrag" in his explanation. I think it is worth trying to apply this program on files in MAC, by sharing them and manupulating them from a Win PC.

#13 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

Amazingly, not only have I gotten the program to work but I can tell a positive difference in the sound of the converted files. Remarkable. But now I have a couple of questions. First, for some reason, I can only get the program to work inconsistently. I know the program has worked when the file “accessed” date has changed on a converted file. But sometimes after using the program the "accessed" date doesn’t change. I would think that means the program hasn’t worked on a specific file. I have plenty of disk space and am converting .aif files. Any reason why I would be having this problem? Also, if I would to convert many files at once with folders and subfolders, how could I do this and retain the file structure after the files are converted . . . or would the file structure remain intact? Thanks particularly to you, MINORISUKE, for answering a number of my questions. Joel

#14 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

joelha said:

Amazingly, not only have I gotten the program to work but I can tell a positive difference in the sound of the converted files. Remarkable.

But now I have a couple of questions.

First, for some reason, I can only get the program to work inconsistently.

I know the program has worked when the file “accessed” date has changed on a converted file.

But sometimes after using the program the "accessed" date doesn’t change. I would think that means the program hasn’t worked on a specific file.

I have plenty of disk space and am converting .aif files.

Any reason why I would be having this problem?

Also, if I would to convert many files at once with folders and subfolders, how could I do this and retain the file structure after the files are converted . . . or would the file structure remain intact?

Thanks particularly to you, MINORISUKE, for answering a number of my questions.

Joel

(1) Mr. Yokota is said to be preparing ver.1.03 with more stability.

I have converted .dff and .wav.  An error occured twice or three times but these files were converted correctly after re-try.  He recommends SSD, for an error might occur on HDD depending on its magnetic conditions.

(2) Highlighting "Search sub directory" enables a conversion retaining the folder structure.

#15 jmmbarco

jmmbarco

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hi Minorisuke! I am fascinated with this BHE player and its possibility to be played along with JPLAY. I have read the CA thread. It seems to be possible to use jplay driver as output and later via jplay:ks to the dac!! I wonder if it would work in dual pc setup...tomorrow I will test in w2k12r2 + jplay. The bad side is that it seems not to work in core mode. Would be great AO could fix it!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Thank you for sharing! 

Best, JM

Almost finishing!!!!

#16 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

jmmbarco said:

Hi Minorisuke! I am fascinated with this BHE player and its possibility to be played along with JPLAY. I have read the CA thread. It seems to be possible to use jplay driver as output and later via jplay:ks to the dac!! I wonder if it would work in dual pc setup...tomorrow I will test in w2k12r2 + jplay. The bad side is that it seems not to work in core mode. Would be great AO could fix it!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Thank you for sharing! 

Best, JM

My current Control PC being poor, I am not a heavy user of Bug Head Emperor / Infinity Blade yet.

From my trial, I confirm that Win8.1 (Control PC) + WS2012R2 Server Core (Audio PC) works fine.  I do not use AO.

It seems that any upsamling as well as DSD playback with JPLAY results in crashing the program.

In this thread, I wanted to introduce "Rewrite data 1.0" and not Bug Head Emperor, as the former is beneficial to everybody.

#17 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

joelha said:

Thanks for the explanation, Windows X.

The good news is I now understand how and why this process would work.

The bad news is, based on your explanation, that you couldn't even put the files on a NAS let alone Linux or MAC because the degrag benefit would be lost.

Do I have that right?

Joel

You're right. That's the reason why I personally don't use NAS or any streaming media for quality playback. He didn't specify about disk's fragmentation but losing effects after moving or copying files warrants it. That's what about data becoming fragmented.

Edited by Windows X, 01 January 2015 - 12:28 PM.

Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator

#18 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

FYI I asked the author.  He confirmed defrag was not used in this program.

#19 Tomslin

Tomslin

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

There is no doubt that "Rewrite data" improves SQ in my system. I have used it now for a few days and it can probably be just as valuable in terms of sound enhancement that JPlay and AO. Thank you Hiroyuki Yokota for this.

Edited by Tomslin, 01 January 2015 - 03:13 PM.

AudioPC: Intel S1200V3RPS, Intel Xeon E3-1230LV3, Apacer AP2GITETLQ1K3 2GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC, JCAT USB Card Femto,
JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto

ControlPC: Intel S1200KPR, Intel Xeon E3-1265L V2, Apacer 75.A83EE.G000C 2GB DDR3 1066 ECC DIMM,

SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRANS-ETNRC (for Windows), SATA to CF Adapter with Apacer AP-CF016GRAFS-NR (for WAV-files),

JCAT Reference SATA Cable, JCAT Net Card Femto, JCAT Signature LAN Cable

Software: Windows Server 2016 Standard, Total Commander 9.21a, JPLAY 7 Femto, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20, Upplay 1.3.0

Audio equipment: JCAT Reference USB Cable, Harmony Design Pre 906, Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 with Furutech Rhodium XLR, Sennheiser HD800

#20 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

I tested moving file to end of disk and try optimizing with data rewrite. This is how before applying.

Posted Image

This is how it looks like after applying.

Posted Image

Looks like it'a not about defrag. I wonder what he tries to do with it.

Edited by Windows X, 01 January 2015 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users