PINK HQ 1.48 available 

#4462 internethandle

internethandle

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 AM

With Bughead/Nontallion 10.60 and on it seems that Hiroyuki has completely redesigned both players in the mold of PINK HQ. I could tell from his blog on Rakuten that he was planning some sort of PINK HQ "ASIO version," but I was unclear due to poor Google auto-Translation what he meant. He mentioned something about Bughead and Nontallion now having over a million lines of code and that it was too much work for him to keep up with attempting to edit them along with developing PINK HQ, so he essentially started from scratch.

It should be noted that to begin Nontallion or Bughead at this point you should use the "Startup" exe files (for instance StartupN.exe for Nontallion) and select from the options before the player launches. The "Sound quality" setting has a great bearing on how long it takes to begin playback - Hiroyuki seems to recommend "High" for everyday use, but even with that it take significantly longer to begin playback than it did with the previous Nontallion versions (at least 10 minutes for an average size album). If you choose "Super Black" or "Extreme" it can take an hour or longer. Unfortunately, with my first trial run with Nontallion 10.60, it seemed to finish processing but no sound started, so I was forced to revert back to Nontallion 10.57 rev 14, but I will play around with it some more later.

#4463 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:18 PM

It looks like a first attempt, to me and further development will continue

B

#4464 fai3176

fai3176

Beginner