#1 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

fidelizer2.jpg

As you’re aware that there’ll be upgraded version of Fidelizer in upcoming release. However, it doesn’t decrease the quality of works I put into original Fidelizer one bit. Version 6.0 comes with big changelog fixing various issues found thorough the year. It also have some changes and improvements to be more stable and reliable. If you enjoy good sound from Fidelizer and want more for the better, consider Fidelizer upgrade program to advance your computer audio journey to the next step.

Changes in version 6.0
-Added Fidelizer upgrade program for buying advanced version of Fidelizer
-Changed ‘Professional’ optimization level name to ‘Workstation (General Purpose)’
-Changed default optimization level to ‘Workstation (General Purpose)’ for stable default configuration
-Changed some core optimizations to supported values according to Microsoft documents
-Fixed multi-core optimizations not working properly for audio playback part
-Fixed Fidelized audiophile player playback stability and compatibility
-Fixed JRemote and few others apps not working in Windows 8.1 using Extremist optimization level
-Fixed some Network Streaming optimizations that worked on unchecked one instead
-Fixed uPNP not working using Extremist optimization level with keeping network services
-Fixed some errors in parsing system configuration
-Revised core optimizations improving compatibility with all optimization levels and network streaming

Info and Download: Fidelizer 6.0
  • alanwalker, Galenfeex, BrantNags and 8 others like this
Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator
Pre: Viola Labs Cadenza
Power: Karan KA S 450
Speaker: Rockport Ankaa
Fidelizer developer from www.fidelizer-audio.com

#2 panhead

panhead

Beginner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the info,  Im using 5.0 in my streaming PC and look forward to 6.0.  Will there be audio improvements using the pro version?

#3 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Pro version has permanent system tweaks and many of them are unique and carefully tested with ear listening. Its audio optimizations redesigned for better flexibility between audio/network optimizations. If you use JPLAY, you can choose specific optimizations between Audio/Control PC improving image and transparency significantly.
Transport: Emm Labs CDSD SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps)/Self-made music server (Windows based)
DAC: Emm Labs DCC2 SE (UL toroidal PSU/Blackgate caps/upgraded opamps/Discrete buffer bypassed/wiring tuned)
Master Clock: Antelope Isochrone OCX-V (Oscon caps/UL toroidal PSU) + 10M Rubidium Oscillator

#4 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

To celebrate the launch of Fidelizer Upgrade Program, I added 25% off for next purchase of the same product in favor of JPLAY platform that may require 2 machines running Fidelizer Pro in agreement. This is introductory offer as for my birthday gift and will be gone after 31st August. If you use JPLAY as Control/Audio PC, you'd better not missing this chance to get free discount.

#5 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationValencia, Spain

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Im already using Fidelizer 6 and to record instruments sounds much better than Fid 5. With the pro version, aside from having the benefits you mentioned before, the sound remains the same?

#6 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Sounds won't be the same. It'll be better and that's what Pro version is for. Here're some of impressions from people using Pro version.   "Hi, Just loaded it and have it running now. It sounds great. Seems very smooth and resolved. I am running in Audiophile mode/JPlay local."   "I have just installed the Fidelizer Pro and it works just as expected. I am really impressed, how much difference the Fidelizer makes to digital audio.  I always disliked the “digital sound” with its glare, graininess and simply sterile artificial sound. I even changed my music selection according to avoid the bad effects as much as possible. No more great female singers and so, because digital it just made it impossible to hear. But NOW THE MUSIC HAS RETURNED and I can listen to what I want and not what digital can reproduce without causing just pain in my ear.   I was using a pretty expensive vinyl record based LINN hifi system (with Linn LP12 record player), before having switched to digital and always missed something. Well, it’s here again, sounding like a very very good analogue recording to my ears – thank to Fidelizer Pro!"

#7 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

I would really want to try Fid Pro, the thing is that I will use it for my recording pc in my professional studio, i have already a pc completely tweaked but I am using Cubase with lots of vst and libraries, I'm afraid that if I will install Fid Pro those permanents changes will produce conflict with my softwares and liscence keys etc. Also because is a recording pc, of course I disable all the services and eliminate all internet software, etc so i don't know, in case Fid Pro will not conflict with my machine softwares, how to install it without internet.

#8 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Fidelizer Pro doesn't require internet connection for activation. You'll get a build generated with data from fiderlizer.key. It'll work on that machine alone and won't affect Windows installation. So your machine can use Fidelizer Pro. However, you're free to consider that you're doing fine job at optimizing system by yourself and any other software may not make any significant improvements. It's your call though I'd say there're quite some of unique optimizations in there.

Edited by Windows X, 28 August 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#9 panhead

panhead

Beginner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

screenmusic said:

Im already using Fidelizer 6 and to record instruments sounds much better than Fid 5.

With the pro version, aside from having the benefits you mentioned before, the sound remains the same?

+1  - just ordered Pro and cant wait to hear it!

#10 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

windows x, Hi you told me that i can use fidelizer 6 on a machine without internet but in your site says:
Purchased product shall be used only on machine that generated fidelizer.key. It will not work on any other machines. So Im confused because as obvious, the audio machine doesnt have any kind of internet because it ruins the sound, so what can I do.
Also now Im using Fid6 freeware, the Fid plus says that it will stop many services,doesnt the fid 6 do the same? I think, because Im using it in a recording pc with lots of vst and Cubase it will be better to use the plus version because the pro it will make you definite changes and that is too risky for my pc, what do you think.
Withe the fid 6 I did a test and it records and plays back the audio a lot better than without it and my pc is already heavily tweaked with no fans and with linear power supply in each ssd.

#11 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I see. In the website, I mean it can be used only on the machine generated that key. If you use upgraded Fidelizer on any other machines, it will not work. It doesn't have anything to do with the internet. You just generate the key on that machine, save it in thumb drive and mail me from another machine. The machine that generates fidelizer.key doesn't need internet connection.   As for Fidelizer Plus, it's more like Fidelizer without nag feature version with some improvements like remembering selected audiophile player so it won't ask again and again and stopping services will also stop some new Windows 8/8.1 services (not much though). Fidelizer Pro will do a lot more like   1. All features from Plus version included 2. Fidelizer will perform optimizations on startup automatically 3. System tweaks for permanent optimizations is now available with some very unique tweaks 4. Services will be disabled making no comeback and better resource pool 5. Core optimizations redesigned with machine configuration type improving network optimizations and control services disabling for such case like JPLAY Control/Audio PC   Fidelizer Plus is just demonstration to show that what if Fidelizer wasn't released as freeware. So if you to upgrade, better spend additional $20 for Pro. Pro will disable non-audio related services choice so it shouldn't affect your DAW works.

#12 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hi Windows X, I have loaded Fidelizer 6 on my dual PC JPLAY system (Win 7 Control PC / Win 8 Audio PC). This new release of Fidelizer has surprised me by improving the tone and clarity of recordings. There is an 'edge' to sounds, say brass instruments, that has been removed and instruments sound purer. I am really impressed and am now interested in your Pro version. Will the Pro version work with Win 7. If so, would you say the most important use of Pro would be on the Audio PC or the Control PC?

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#13 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Pro version can work on Windows 7 just fine with all optimizations working well. To get the best result, I'd recommend purchasing 2 units for both Audio/Control PC. Control PC has some serious audio transport on network protocol and shouldn't be ignored. You should use 'Network Transport' for Control PC and uses 'Network Render' for Audio PC. With 'Extremist' optimization level, it could make some jaw dropping experiences. If you intend to purchase for only one, I'd recommend using Pro version on just Audio PC with 'Network Render' configuration though you may not get better optimizations from Control PC.

#14 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

After releasing 6.0 for a month, I received feedback about software from both free version and Plus/Pro version. To make Fidelizer becoming more completed and meet users' expectations, I'm releasing version 6.1 fixing and improving things upon request below.

Changelog for version 6.1

Fidelizer
-Fixed fidelizer.key generation bugs on some system
-Fixed network issues caused by stopping services in Windows 7/8
-Reduced glare in high frequencies on some systems

Fidelizer Plus
-Fixed network issues caused by stopping services in Windows 7/8
-Improved core optimizations based on Fidelizer Pro configuration
-Improved Network streaming audio performance

Fidelizer Pro
-Added Uninstall function
-Added 'System configuration optimized for audio playback' option
-Fixed installation error trying to update running software
-Fixed incompatibility with some antivirus like Kaspersky Pure

After using Fidelizer Pro for a while, I must say this is mandatory piece of software for Windows to the enable the superior sound quality in audiophile market. I finished implementing improved core optimizations on Fidelizer Plus so you should notice improved audio performance especially on network streaming. Fidelizer Pro comes with uninstall feature so you don't have to worry about reverting optimizations anymore in future.

Info and Download: http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer/
Fidelizer Upgrade Program: http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer-upgrade-program/

Edited by Windows X, 27 September 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#15 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

I purchased two licences for Fidelizer 6 PRO for my control pc and audio pc. It is not clear to me how to upgrade to PRO6.1 as the download only seems to apply to the free version. Please could you confirm how the PRO upgrade will be applied.

Edited by rocketiii, 28 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#16 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

I received an email with an updated Fidelizer Pro 6.1 for each pc. This was easy to load and I have used Extremist setting which takes effect after restart. Having listened for a couple of hours now I have to say I am impressed! The improvements are quite significant - with more texture around notes, particularly stringed and brass instruments. There have been a number of songs where the dynamic range seems to have extended and some sounds are quite startling. I have Win7 on the Control PC and Win 8 on Audio PC and the Fidelizer Pro programme provides a set of drop down options to choose for Control or Audio PC. I have used previous versions of FIdelizer intermittently before but often couldn't be bothered to run Fidelizer each time. However with the Pro version it does the optimisation on start up. If you want to cancel this you just go to menu and cancel. The combination of JPLAY and Fidelizer works very well for my set-up and the free version is well worth a try.

#17 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

Sounds great. Glad to see it's working fine there. I hope to finish making advanced optimizations becoming more generalized sooner. It took me like half a year to finish Fidelizer Pro's optimizations that won't cause any bad effects on any tweaked systems. Optimizing computer for audio is very tricky. One misstep and could lead to fatal damage in one's system. Customers will receive update news but the update of purchased build will be sent upon request. This is for the sake of engaging communications for improving product's quality.

#18 Windows X

Windows X

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

I added testimonials to show what customers say after purchasing Fidelizer Plus/Pro in

http://www.windowsxl...pgrade-program/

I hope this will clear the confusion and hope to hear more in future.

#19 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

Im trying to buy fidplus, but it seems difficult because i dont have any answer!!

#20 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

hope the customer service is not as slow as the process to buy it. tomorrow I start to mix a movie soundtrack i finish and i was counting on having it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fidelizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users