Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

ectudor said:

kyrill said:

The sata cable has a HUGE impact on sound quality and I always play in hib mode with Mini.

kyrill,

I'm skeptical the sata cable can have a Huge impact on sound quality when Jplay work on a single PC in hib mode. As far as I know, Jplay plays from memory, so I can not see the sata cable on the signal path. Would you be so kind to explain why do you believe it can be any impact on sound under the above circumstances? 

You still need to get the data from HD or SSD to the memory. There is where the "contamination process" begins, by picking up all kind of noise from inside of PC.
  • YedrgeEl likes this

#42 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

ectudor The pc works as designed despite no one knows what happens exactly on quantum level or  even atomic level. There is no convincing theories why silver sound different than copper. If silver wire  is x% more conductive than copper than make the silver wire x% more longer rest keeping equal, still silver sounds different than copper gold an so on.Why? electrons and fields are still mystical as they dont want to behave independent from observers. So in the end I suspect memory stores not only the digital information but also somehow (some?) of the analogue properties  ( kinds of noise) of the carrier of the digital information as well.   SO leave it all behind as a factor for trying it out, unless you are a designer,  and let your ears decide

#43 Josef

Josef

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

ectudor - SATA cable has a big impact even in dual PC setup where cable itself is not used at all :)  (as AudioPC gets music directly via network and jplay never accesses disk at all) I could not believe the impact myself - was totally shocked when I first tried it :)  The only explanation I have is that every cable acts like an antenna, channeling 'electronic smog' towards DAC - so the less the cable acts like an antenna the better....

#44 ectudor

ectudor

Beginner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

To sima66 and kyrill, Thank you very much for your prompt replies, both revealing to me some new possible hidden aspects of the matter behavior. Certainly, I'll follow kyrlill's advice and I'll try the experiment.

#45 ectudor

ectudor

Beginner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Than you too Josef for sharing experience.

#46 jamiee

jamiee

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Ordered two SATA cables the other day.

I'm very much looking forward to hearing what they will do in my system...

That said, I'm certainly not looking forward to having to pay the $900+ for them.

Poor bank account..... /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

#47 timd

timd

Beginner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Have installed Jcat sata cables to both OS & music ssd's. I initially put the 1st cable on the OS ssd. To me the changes from the standard sata cable were smoother, darker, more detail, & what sounds more dynamic from loud to quiet passages of music. Then to the 2nd cable to the music ssd. the change here was mores subtle in my opinion, however there is what appears to be an overall quietness & calmness to the musical presentation that was not there before. I can certainly turn up the volume to levels that with some  tracks would have been previously uncomfortable to listen to at these levels. With quality recordings, (i know this sounds daft, but it's how i see it) it's as if you can touch/see the music being presented to you, the life like qualities are that good & the depth & layering of sounds is wonderful. When the music full, wide & deep, it sounds full wide & deep. Both sata cables are used in conjunction with Jcat USB cable. What a combination.

#48 tboooe

tboooe

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yes, there is two-weeks trial period, no questions asked full refund if not happy - This is valid for _all_ JCAT cables :) Shipping is to Poland. Is there still a 2 week trial period?

#49 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Yes, on all JCAT products :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#50 jamiee

jamiee

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hi Marcin,

What is the expected turn-around time on these cables?

I'm assuming they need to be built from scratch...

Just curious, Tis all /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

#51 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

They will go out this week :) You'll receive tracking automatically

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#52 jamiee

jamiee

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

That's great news, can't wait Marcin!   Will be putting one on my OS drive, and the other on my music drive.

#53 tboooe

tboooe

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Marcin_gps said:

Yes, on all JCAT products :)

Good to know!  I will purchasing the Sata cable soon.

Just to be clear, does the 2 week period start when I receive the cable or when I purchase it?  What is the process for  returning if I have to?  Sorry for all the questions...I just want to make sure I understand the process so that I do everything according to policy.

#54 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

2 weeks of testing. Then if you don't like it, just shoot us an email on support and we'll tell you how to return it :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#55 mb

mb

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Will the JCAT SATA cable fit into my Streacom F5 case ??

#56 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

It will probably be hard to fit the standard JCAT SATA cable in F5, but you can order a version with angled connectors that will tilt. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#57 highstream

highstream

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

In my desktop computer (with JCat USB card), the system drive with all the audio software is on an SSD, while all the music and videos are on an HDD.  For starters, which drive would likely get the most out of one of your SATA cables?

#58 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

The system drive :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#59 highstream

highstream

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

There was a longer sata cable being sold on a German recently, which leads to a question: does the length of sata cable affect the sound at all, as it does with some types of cables?

#60 hillbear

hillbear

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

The whole concept of a Sata cable improving an audio PC is , to my mind, ridiculous. I actually turn my OS SSD off during replay - so .....

I recently borrowed a JCAT Sata cable from a friend, hooked it up to my battery-powered OS SSD on the Audio PC and listened to my favourite music via BHE Infinity Blade SQ -

Well, you've guessed it - I'm now going to buy one - detail, dark background, stronger bass, dynamics, etc,etc...I still don't get the theory, as I still power down the SSD during playback, but who cares ?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users