120 replies to this topic

#81 nige2000

nige2000

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

could we not get a simple existing mobo pre mounting of components, and take it from there, dev costs should be very little
CONSTANT STATE OF EXPERIMENTATION :)

#82 Mike Gillespie

Mike Gillespie

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

Does anyone know how Aurender came up with a mobo?  And other server companies, ditto.  Did they really spend 100,000 Euros?  Hard to believe.

#83 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

Guys, calm down, there will be no motherboard :) I did talk about it with Adnaco, but it's to complicated...

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#84 Sligolad

Sligolad

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Somebody has got to develop a really good ATX supply with additional 5v rails from one or two boxes......just sayin......and it is where my bet would lie!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Audio PC Gigabyte H97M-D3H & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v for Mobo, 5v for clocks & 5v supply to Audiowind Regulator for 1.3v to RAM direct, JCat Femto USB Card 5v from Paul Hynes, Startech Lex – Amber Regen to JCat USB & Startech Rex to Lex by 2x Meicord LAN through GISO GB Isolator powered by Teddy Pardo 18v Linear, Wtfplay off USB on REX – remote control by Mele F10, D to D PPA Red USB Cable - Intona - LFP 3.3v battery powered USB Regen – Isolated Xmos 768kHz USB DDC powered by 2 x 3.3v 0.8uV Linear Regs – i2s - D to A - Lampizator Big7, Conrad Johnson Premier 17LS, Classe CA 2200, Raidho C1s. Recent changes in red.

#85 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

http://www.audiostre........-usb-cable

'Greatest Bits' award for the JCAT USB cable! :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#86 Cat

Cat

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

I received the JCAT USB cable yesterday, and it was directly a big improvement over my previous USB cable (Performance USB, from Transparent audio). I have the impression that I changed my DAC for a better one.

#87 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Good to hear! Expect improvements over the next days :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#88 Cat

Cat

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

How long do you think that will takes? Some say a couple of days (=50 hours), other say 200 hours and up to 300 hours. Do you think it will be stable with 100 hours?   Yesterday evening I was listening Ella Fitzgerald, and really JCAT USB gives lot of emotion, I think this is the real first improvement: the emotion we feel. The voice is really really good, sweet, detailled and lot of presence. I didn't know I could have such an improvement only with the USB Cable.   You should do RCA cable, to connect the DAC to the Amplifier! (probably this is different because analogue and not digital)

#89 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I think a week of burn-in is enough to get the full performance. I'm glad you like it :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#90 timd

timd

Beginner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Been using Jcat USB cable for a month or so now.

Previous cables; Wireworld Starlight -Tellurium Q Black. Starlight to Tellurium, massive improvement in all areas. more relaxed, tonally fuller, even presentation. To me the Tellurium is a blindingly good cable.

Onto the Jcat: To be honest, i did not know what to expect here so i was quite surprised with the results. Overall, it effectively gave more depth, front to back & i could here things going on at very low levels that were previously there, but not so easily discernible from the whole presentation. Also decay of notes seemed longer, hearing them disappear into a perceived quieter darker background. 

I listen to a lot of electronic music, some well produced, some down right awful production. With all but the really poorly produced tracks, the Jcat has opened up the layering of the tracks. This enables the tracks to effectively make more sense when played. With any well produced music, be it hi res or red book ripped files, the Jcat cable just keeps giving.

Overall the introduction of the Jcat into my system is making music better than i have ever heard before. My only caveat is; On rubbish recordings, the Jcat is less sympathetic than the Tellurium, but i am talking really rubbish production here, & to coin a phrase "don't shoot the messenger" springs to mind.

Side Note. Initially, using the Jcat USB with standard supplied sata cables, now using with Jcat sata cables on OS & music drives. The sum is greater than the parts here. It is an expensive combination yes, but it is worth it.
  • rkosak likes this

#91 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the nice report :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#92 Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

A new favourable review on the JCAT USB cable just out in Stereo times by Eric Teh

#93 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

Yep :) Here is the link to the review: http://www.stereotimes.com/post/jcat-usb-cable/

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#94 herman17

herman17

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

For quite some time I preferred a HDMI connection to my NAD M51 over USB - my latest USB was the AQ Carbon. With the new JPLAY 5.2.1 and the JCAT USB becoming available my curiosity was again triggered so I ordered the JCAT USB to give it a try and listened... After a couple of burn-in days the JCAT began revealing its quality and since then I didn't want to go back to HDMI anymore. I won't repeat all the positive SQ qualifications that have been posted in these forums, I can only confirm the very positive experiences of other users. Using dual PC, AO, W2012, JRMC, JRemote. M51 directly connected to the power-in of my Accuphase 308. Thanks guys!

ControlPC W2019 GUI / AudioPC W2019 GUI / JplayFemto / AO  /  Singxer SU-6 i2S  / DAC PS Audio DSD  - PrimaLuna EVO 400  tube power amplifier - KEF 207/2 / Synology DS918 NAS

#95 HVV

HVV

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

Marcin_gps said:

1m is optimal here. Most important is the impedance match. 
Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
Marcin 

Marcin,

Does the JCAT LAN cable also have optimal length?

If longer than your standard offering is OK, what is the price for additional length and how do I order it? I might be looking for a 5m unless you advise that it will compromise the performance. I'd like to pursue the ultimate configuration.

Thanks

#96 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

I haven't tested various lengths of LAN cable to be honest so I'm not sure what impact does the length have on sound. The price is 50EUR extra per additional meter. Maximum length is 5m.  

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#97 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

In the latest TAS issue (246), Arnie Nudell wrote in his Audeze LCD-X review: "I alternate between three USB cables which I consider the top contenders. They are: the JCAT USB cable, the Lightspeed USB cable, and Synergistic’s latest example of its USB cable. Each of these cables has its own strengths and virtually no weaknesses."

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#98 gerardhn

gerardhn

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

If anybody intended to sell his JCat USB and looking for buyer  ... give me a pm.

#99 The Chaplin (Peter C)

The Chaplin (Peter C)

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

gerardhn said:

If anybody intended to sell his JCat USB and looking for buyer  ... give me a pm.

pm sent

[JPlay FemtoServer][BubbleUPnP(Andriod)][ControlPC XM21M(@16v) Shuttle xh61v i7-3770t PX-128M5M Lan x2][WinServer 2012R2][JPlay 7Dalt KS Direct DACLink 1000Hz Clock 0.5ms AO 1.40][cat8@1Gb 3m][Cisco 2960G-8TC-L][cat8@1Gb 1m][AudioPC XM21M(@12.3v) picoPSU-160-XT Streacom FC5 B75MR2.0 Intel i7-3770t@1.6GHz JCat Usb][WinServer2012 R2 AO 1.40][CustomUSBcable no+5v][Auralic Vega filter 1, exact clock][Van Damme StarQuad Gold Neutrik XLR][ATC SCM40A][vdh 1st ultimate][Stax SRM313 SR007A][LAT & Custom Power Cables][2 Separate Ring Mains Filtered]

#100 gerardhn

gerardhn

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users