120 replies to this topic

#61 Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

kyrill Interesting post.  I too use the RAL USB cable.  I am curious to know what exactly you mean when you say the JCAT USB was better with coherence.  What do you mean by coherence in this context?  Could you elaborate a little or provide analogies? Thanks KB

#62 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hi KB

That is not so easy to answer. all real life phenomena,  the things we perceive are build up in maximum coherence, even perfect coherence. Most if not all (99.9999+%) of phenomena are composite gestalts. For instance look at yr keyboard. Many components, but all form one keyboard. If we only look at a sub collection of the board for instance the last two rows including the space-bar, you see the same calmness and naturality of the components to build up a smaller sub-gestalt than the whole keyboard.  What is the same when you move your attention from the whole to a part of the board is an authoritative  calmness suggesting your eyes "this is what it is".

If you look in real life (only using your eyes, no camera or such thing) to a pan with boiling water and you look neutral at it you find the same coherence in all the different visual bits and pieces, no forcing to form a boiling gestalt, but easiness, neutrality and transparency in a peaceful natural way telling you "What you see is what it is"

Actually coherence by itself is so neutral it is boring, and it is a golden property of the human senses itself to be objective, to be colorless, soundless, it is perfect unconditional openness and freedom of all the senses to let the myriads bits of data perceived to form a completeness, a whole a gestalt the 'way they want it'!

Movie directors avoid this coherence because it is boring. So they add dynamically saturated, changing colors, jumps in attentions, you almost never see a focused topic longer than 2-10 seconds, unusual points of views or moving point of views, the avoidance of symmetry and so on, all to avoid coherence in the image, unless they specifically want it. They create by adding to reality.

The sharp focus and natural colors of television  and the transparent daylight quality of the images are the opposite of movie images they are again too boring to become a movie. But this is about the coherent-ness or its lack of the content. A group of singers is coherent as they sing with their discernible unique different voices as one group. When anarchism creeps in,  the group starts to loose its coherence and our ears picks it up because they themselves constitute the 'gestalt' of the audible content in a coherent way.    So should a USB cable be too. Neutrality is not the same thing, coherence is neutrality in building up from bits into a complete form

Edited by kyrill, 04 February 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#63 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Another review of JCAT USB cable :)

http://www.soundbses........om/?p=1001

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#64 Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi kyrill

thanks for the lengthy response - took a while for me to read it as I have been out of circulation

It sounds quite profound and I have read it a few times to appreciate the meaning.  I am not sure I fully understand it but I get the gist /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. What it has done is to make me intrigued me enough to consider testing the JCAT cable if and when I am able to do that.  Not sure I am ready to drop 299E++ (as I will need >1m) on it as it but then if I save enough, I may surprise myself.

I wonder if JCAT have a trial period policy??

#65 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

yes it has I dunno how long 2weeks?

#66 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Yes, two weeks :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#67 Tutuclan

Tutuclan

Beginner

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hi   I received the cable usb. Incredible!!!!!!   thanks   :-)

#68 aleg

aleg

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

Audio Hardware designer PS Audio is bowled over by the improvements coming from JCat USB
http://www.pstracks.........esy/13817/

Cheers

Aleg

Edited by aleg, 16 April 2014 - 11:11 AM.

AudioPC
HDPLEX H5.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Intel DH87RL; Intel i7-4770T; Crucial SSD M500 120GB
16GB G.Skill Trident-X DDR3-1600 (F3-1600C7D-16GTX); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
Windows Server 2012 R2 Core with Signature 1A of v1.22 Audio-optimiser
Connection
Direct Cable Connection via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm); Acousense GISO GB; via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm);
ControlPC
HDPLEX H3.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi; Intel i5-3750T; Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (CML16GX3M2A1600C10B); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
DAC
via JCat USB cable into Sonicweld Diverter HR2 via Naim DC-1 COAX into Naim DAC + XPS-2
HiFi
via AR Sound Lunar into AcourateCleaner via AR Sound Lunar into Naim NAC-282, NAIM NAP-155XS, Wilson Benesch Square Two
Music
stored on ZFS NAS (OmniOS) in MS-stereo and DRC convolved format with Acourate and AcourateNAS

#69 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

A very good review, this will set up some waves and disqualifies the other inputs. So now USB as source gives best music :) something we know for 3 years ;)

Edited by kyrill, 16 April 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#70 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

http://www.6moons.co........cat/1.html

:)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#71 aleg

aleg

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

I’m told other products are forthcoming.

Marcin, the cat's out of the bag, better give full disclosure now :-()

Cheers

Aleg
AudioPC
HDPLEX H5.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Intel DH87RL; Intel i7-4770T; Crucial SSD M500 120GB
16GB G.Skill Trident-X DDR3-1600 (F3-1600C7D-16GTX); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
Connection
Direct Cable Connection via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm); Acousense GISO GB; via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm);
ControlPC
HDPLEX H3.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi; Intel i5-3750T; Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (CML16GX3M2A1600C10B); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
DAC
via JCat USB cable into Sonicweld Diverter HR2 via Naim DC-1 COAX into Naim DAC + XPS-2
HiFi
via AR Sound Lunar into AcourateCleaner via AR Sound Lunar into Naim NAC-282, NAIM NAP-155XS, Wilson Benesch Square Two
Music
stored on ZFS NAS (OmniOS) in MS-stereo and DRC convolved format with Acourate and AcourateNAS

#72 tonymt

tonymt

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

aleg said:

I’m told other products are forthcoming.

Marcin, the cat's out of the bag, better give full disclosure now :-()

Cheers

Aleg

+1

#73 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

I will tell you as soon as I have it tested and approved ;)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#74 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Marcin, JPlay now has a vast and growing support base of faithful JPlay users and admirers, who use this forum , yes? Informing a market that a product is available and eventually  (pre-) sale ready is informing the world and economically necessary, but is not a gesture to faithful friends. Giving the own user's base an extra gesture out of "friendship" works both ways:  many previews or trailers from coming movies also wet the appetite of potential  first users.   Naming projects which survey product possibilities, but including that no guarantees exist fro a given product to ever see market, is all using modern media to "wet " appetites :)

Edited by kyrill, 17 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#75 germay0653

germay0653

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, SC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

kyrill said:

Marcin, JPlay now has a vast and growing support base of faithful JPlay users and admirers, who use this forum , yes?

Informing a market that a product is available and eventually  (pre-) sale ready is informing the world and economically necessary, but is not a gesture to faithful friends.

Giving the own user's base an extra gesture out of "friendship" works both ways:  many previews or trailers from coming movies also wet the appetite of potential  first users.

Naming projects which survey product possibilities, but including that no guarantees exist fro a given product to ever see market, is all using modern media to "wet " appetites :)

Marcin is probably keeping it to himself so that other manufacturers don't beat him to market. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Fanless Case - HD-PLEX H5 V2, HD-PLEX 100W LPS to 250W DC-ATX converter, MB - ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE, CPU - I7-4785T, Disk - OS: Plextor M6e Series 256GB M.2 PCIe, Music: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB, 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2666 MHz 10-12-12-31 PC3-21300, USB - JPlay JCAT USB Card, LH Labs X Infinity DAC

#76 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

hmm Telling a JCat  (PC)  linear power component, or power-, signal- cable or other component with linear Voltage regulator(s) ( audiophile usb stick, SSD) doesn't give anything away for the competition if you only mention the name of the category it belongs to. What would be new is a PCe spdif out ;)

#77 goon-heaven

goon-heaven

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationBreizh Kan Kan

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

kyrill said:

hmm

What would be new is a PCe spdif out ;)

.... or a Jmotherboard with direct Spdif out ...

#78 germay0653

germay0653

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, SC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

goon-heaven said:

kyrill said:

hmm

What would be new is a PCe spdif out ;)

.... or a Jmotherboard with direct Spdif out ...

Now a Jmotherboard with the USB out based on the JCAT USB card would definitely pique my interest.  Planning a new build but haven't bought a new mobo yet. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Fanless Case - HD-PLEX H5 V2, HD-PLEX 100W LPS to 250W DC-ATX converter, MB - ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE, CPU - I7-4785T, Disk - OS: Plextor M6e Series 256GB M.2 PCIe, Music: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB, 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2666 MHz 10-12-12-31 PC3-21300, USB - JPlay JCAT USB Card, LH Labs X Infinity DAC

#79 nige2000

nige2000

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

audio motherboard would be a good move, one that takes 12,5,3.3 direct and gives no guff  certainly would be a game changer not to mention computer audio domination
CONSTANT STATE OF EXPERIMENTATION :)

#80 kyrill

kyrill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

the cost of developing such a board is at least 100.000 € MAybe JCat can do it with cloud funding, a new phenomena on the rise :)   It is possible marcin ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users