119 replies to this topic

#21 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have found a difference with various USB cables and currently using a Chord silver cable 0.6m length. I'm very interested in the JCAT cable and see that it is 1m. I would welcome views on is shorter better or don't worry and press the button on the JCAT?

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#22 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

1m is optimal here. Most important is the impedance match.  Let us know if you have any further questions! Cheers, Marcin 

#23 Rainer Weber

Rainer Weber

Beginner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Dear all, yesterday I received my long awaited package JCAT cables.   I had Paul Pang topline (which is now named red) in the system between my Adnaco and my Sonicweld diverter HRII.   What to say? I tested a lot of top class USB cable (Entreq, Vertex etc) and Paul Pang was here superior. But the difference the JCAT  makes in my system is unbelievable. The performence is lifted to new stunning heights. The tone is denser, more harmonic overtones - more realism. The body of the instruments and voices are to die for. I did not expect this big change. I then installed the JCAT ethernet cable (direct connection between the PCs) and the performance got additional texture and the soundstage was much better defined at the sides.   I was to lazy to open the PCs and to install the SATA cables.   More to come!   All the best   Rainer Weber
dedicated Control PC with Pang linear PSU, Pang ethernet cable, Pang SATA cable direct connection to Audio PC dedicated Audio PC with Server 2012 – 8 GB RAM – Asus MB – Pang linear PSU Adnaco S3A powered with Paul Hynes linear shunt regulator PSU Pang USB cable Sonicweld Diverter HR2 Acrolink D5050II ditial cable Totaldac reclocker Enklein Orion XLR cable Thrax Maximus DAC (has MSB Diamond OEM modules inside) Thrax Dionysos Preamp Thrax Spartacus Mono Amps Kaiser Kawero Speakers Interconnects are all Enklein Aeros XLR Power Leads are VertexAQ Hires + on the PC and the linear power supplies Power Leads on the system are Enklein Taurus (with VertexAQ Hires Taga power distributors – 2 pieces) Speaker cables are new prototyps

#24 Shiggy

Shiggy

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Dear all, Since yesterday I also have Usb Jcat Cables. What Rainer writes I can confirm fully.This Cable sounds unbelievable.My Dac Metrum Hex is playing a league more highly now.   Cheers, Siegmund

#25 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

Yesterday we have compared my USB Wyred 4 Sound cable with a Wireworld Silver starlight cable between my audio PC and my W4S DAC2 DSD SE.

It's very simple, my DAC has been transformed by the Wireworld cable (more impact, deeper basses, more definition but even smoother in high medium and treble)../wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

So I have decided to order for a........................... JCAT USB cable hoping that it will be even better than the Wireworld./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

#26 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

DC I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the JCAT USB cable. I have just got this and I agree with Aleg's earlier post regarding the improved low level detail that the JCAT cable delivers. I have to confess that I wasn't expecting such a significant improvement from a USB cable but it has made a fundamental improvement in all areas.

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#27 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Wow!!! You make me very impatient!!!

Normally I will receive the JCAT USB cable on Tuesday, 19th./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

If it's better than the Wireworld Silver Starlight I will be in paradise!!!

Edited by DC, 16 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#28 ted_b

ted_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

I found Paul Pang's TZ YUN III (a step below the OEM'd JCAT cable) to be  better than my Wireworld Platinum Starlight, so your are in for a treat for sure.,  Just be patient and let it settle in.
Controlpc:  CAPS V3 Lagoon (aka my CAPS V2+), 8 GB, WS 2012 GUI, JRiver/jplay ultrastream dl/dl/dl, Exasound multichannel driver for mobo USB/ifi iUSB, dual ethernet (LAN NIC and Jplay via mobo adapter) , LAN connected to switch and Synology DS1513+ NAS, jplay direct connect to audiopc, Splashtop VNC (from ipad or home office desktop), Remote desktop shortcut into audiopc, AudiophileOptimizer, sound sig 4C, Powered by Parts Express 12V linear (temporary), SSD powered by Anker E4 Audiopc:  Asus P8H77-I based CAPS Zuma (i7), 16 GB, WS 2012 GUI-to-core, jplay, Meitner and Chord drivers, PPA PCIe USB card (powered by 5V Red Wine modded linear ac-based Acopian ps) or SOtM PCIe card (powered by SOtM dual battery), AudiophileOptimizer, sound sig 1B, Powered by Paul Hynes SR7-EHD (dialed to 12V),SSD powered by iFi 5V ps, Acoustic Revive RLI-1 LAN isolator on mobo ethernet input, PPA TZ Yun III USB cable to DAC

#29 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I am very interested in one of these after installing the JCAT Sata and the benefits it's brought. Can someone please confirm what plugs are on each end? I assume / hope there is a type b plug one end and a type a plug the other?

#30 kaka

kaka

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I assume / hope there is a type b plug one end and a type a plug the other?

Yep

Linear+battery power supplied machine - Roonserver, HQPlayer, AO, Fideliser, Process Lasso - Jcat USB board - Chord USB - Mutec reclocker on linear supply - Stereolab Tron spdif - Lampizator Big 7

#31 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Perfect, thanks can't resist any longer......

#32 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Well, I've received JCAT USB cable yesterday in the end of the afternoon./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

First listening yesterday in the evening and yet I can say WOW!!!

It sounds great yet. I don't know if there is a break-in  preriod but I must convince that SQ is yet awesome!!!

In particular I can notice the richness of harmonics of voices and instruments, it's incredible. Just only this factor brings the SQ in another dimension. Voices, for example, are very present and realistic.

Even with the Wireworld Starlight Silver I tried few days ago didn't bring such an amount of harmonics and timbre richness and musicality.

I wonder how SQ will be after break-in period, if there is break-in period with this great USB cable!!! 

Edited by DC, 20 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#33 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Let it play for couple days and it'll improve :) Cheers, Marcin 

#34 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Is the JCAT usb directional ?

#35 aleg

aleg

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Is the JCAT usb directional ? It has an A-type and a B-type connector, so there is not much choice :-(). Cheers Aleg
AudioPC
HDPLEX H5.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Intel DH87RL; Intel i7-4770T; Crucial SSD M500 120GB
16GB G.Skill Trident-X DDR3-1600 (F3-1600C7D-16GTX); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
Windows Server 2012 R2 Core with Signature 1A of v1.22 Audio-optimiser
Connection
Direct Cable Connection via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm); Acousense GISO GB; via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm);
ControlPC
HDPLEX H3.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi; Intel i5-3750T; Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (CML16GX3M2A1600C10B); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
DAC
via JCat USB cable into Sonicweld Diverter HR2 via Naim DC-1 COAX into Naim DAC + XPS-2
HiFi
via AR Sound Lunar into AcourateCleaner via AR Sound Lunar into Naim NAC-282, NAIM NAP-155XS, Wilson Benesch Square Two
Music
stored on ZFS NAS (OmniOS) in MS-stereo and DRC convolved format with Acourate and AcourateNAS

#36 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

You say that using it feeding the audio PC from an external hard drive is the opposite direction to it feeding a dac That's why I asked

#37 aleg

aleg

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

You say that using it feeding the audio PC from an external hard drive is the opposite direction to it feeding a dac That's why I asked I see what you mean. It's intended use is for feeding the signal into a DDC or DAC. So if there is directionality that would be the direction I expect. Otoh I don't believe it matters *that* much to the signal quality. Cheers Aleg
AudioPC
HDPLEX H5.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Intel DH87RL; Intel i7-4770T; Crucial SSD M500 120GB
16GB G.Skill Trident-X DDR3-1600 (F3-1600C7D-16GTX); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
Connection
Direct Cable Connection via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm); Acousense GISO GB; via Cat.7 (AQ Cinnamon 75cm);
ControlPC
HDPLEX H3.S Fanless PC Case; picoPSU-150-XT; Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi; Intel i5-3750T; Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (CML16GX3M2A1600C10B); Maplin XM21X Linear PSU;
DAC
via JCat USB cable into Sonicweld Diverter HR2 via Naim DC-1 COAX into Naim DAC + XPS-2
HiFi
via AR Sound Lunar into AcourateCleaner via AR Sound Lunar into Naim NAC-282, NAIM NAP-155XS, Wilson Benesch Square Two
Music
stored on ZFS NAS (OmniOS) in MS-stereo and DRC convolved format with Acourate and AcourateNAS

#38 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

That's why I am asking if it does - I know the design is intended it to go the other way but didn't think to ask before. JCAT USB turned up today

#39 Mike Gillespie

Mike Gillespie

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Has anyone noticed a lack of bass with the JCAT USB?  I loaned a new one to a savvy audio buddy and the cable has about 50 hours on it now, and he says there's not much bass with it compared to his Wywires USB?  Is it a matter of more burn-in or is that what others find too?

#40 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

I found when I installed the JCAT Sata I needed to alter the US size. I raised it lots and in doing so my sound got smoother, more detailed, richer with more and better bass.   Now putting this USB cable in sounds like I need to play with the settings again.  The bass isnt great at the minute - but it wasn't from the off for me before.  I am hoping some settings tweaking will help Maybe Mike this is something to look into   I am also running beta 11 so an older 5.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users