6557 replies to this topic

#1 eur2

eur2

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:00 AM

What's happened to the topic about BHE ?

I've just learned to use Pink hq (wasapi ) and the japanese guy has stooped the developpement!

2019-08-16
Bug head research and development has ended. The public distribution will end at the end of 2019.

But ...Minorityclean  is a big legacy...

Minorityclean: http://www.mics.ne.j.../MinorityClean/

Eur2

• recepky, iaNup, Darrellhob and 9 others like this

Pink HQ + Minorityclean -

Started by eur223 Aug 2019

Single Audio PC -  No Internet or Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connections.

- USB FEMTO CARD:- Plugs and fuses: Furutech/Viborg - Power & Audio Cables (all) handmade.

Mobo: AsrockRack C236M WS ECC- Processor: XEON E3 1245V6 ECC - DDR4 RAM: APACER ECC 1X16-. Fanless cooler Heligon HE02-V2 
OS:  Winserver 2019 core +FOD + Intel Optane 900P SSD PCIE.
Music file storage: over 1 NVME-PCIE card  +4 TB over 4x1TB Msata PCIE card.
AO 3.0 + Jplay  6.3 +TC 31 server  + Preferred Player Nontallion  Wasapi + HQPLAYER 4 .
DAC: Northstar Venti  +Vintage amplifier: Dynaco 400 - Loudspeakers: Magnepan 1.7i-

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

The topic was removed per the author's request along with his account on the forum

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY for iOS: the new reference hi-fi app. 

JCAT: streaming specific products for high-end audio

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#3 internethandle

internethandle

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:44 AM

Hiroyuki has had a number of periods now in the last couple of years where he's stated he plans on retiring the project, usually due to illness, but usually ends up re-booting after some period, sometimes with a new program or revision of an old one - so we'll see, I suppose.

But yes MinorityClean does seem to be a bit of a breakthrough. From what I understand (from poor translation via Google Translate), it was developed by another developer based off of Hiroyuki's findings/source code with High Grade CPU Any Cures (formerly All Core Any Cures), and similarly addresses noise Hiroyuki says is generated by the CPU register being out of sync with the "internal circuit standard" in memory. Unlike High Grade CPU Any Cures, however, MinorityClean is not dependent on any particular motherboard chipset/CPU other than the SSE2 instruction set being mandatory. Otherwise, he is saying it should work with AMD, Intel, or even ATOM CPU's, and possibly even as far back as Windows XP for OS. So far it seems to have a similar but incrementally better improvement on my system to High Grade CPU Any Cures. 

• FelipeRolim likes this

#4 eur2

eur2

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:16 AM

Good to hear !!

Hoping for a fast return, may be in a Kernel streaming version......

Pink HQ + Minorityclean -

Started by eur223 Aug 2019

Single Audio PC -  No Internet or Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connections.

- USB FEMTO CARD:- Plugs and fuses: Furutech/Viborg - Power & Audio Cables (all) handmade.

Mobo: AsrockRack C236M WS ECC- Processor: XEON E3 1245V6 ECC - DDR4 RAM: APACER ECC 1X16-. Fanless cooler Heligon HE02-V2 
OS:  Winserver 2019 core +FOD + Intel Optane 900P SSD PCIE.
Music file storage: over 1 NVME-PCIE card  +4 TB over 4x1TB Msata PCIE card.
AO 3.0 + Jplay  6.3 +TC 31 server  + Preferred Player Nontallion  Wasapi + HQPLAYER 4 .
DAC: Northstar Venti  +Vintage amplifier: Dynaco 400 - Loudspeakers: Magnepan 1.7i-

#5 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Early days but I am finding increase clarity and detail.
This with server 2019 core and AO.

#6 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

That should read AO
  • Thuan likes this

#7 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

very interesting. are there any risks in trying MC?

#8 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:23 AM

very interesting. are there any risks in trying MC?

Thats a question that I was about to ask.

From the notes it suggests that there may be some risk of damage to CPU. 

Can this be?

Certainly something is happening because the sound quality definitely changes (for the better in my case )

#9 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

How significant is the change, would you say?

#10 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

For me it is quite marked. As I have said more clarity and detail resulting in the music seeming to have more instruments in the background, not heard before.

I am sure the effects or improvements will be system dependent. 

I have Quad amplifiers (the brand) and Quad speakers, which are very transparent anyway.

For me it is quite marked. As I have said more clarity and detail resulting in the music seeming to have more instruments in the background, not heard before.

I am sure the effects or improvements will be system dependent. 

I have Quad amplifiers (the brand) and Quad speakers, which is very transparent anyway.

• Thuan and FelipeRolim like this

#11 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

thanks. I have downloaded and run the file and it says it is running in task manager. I was confused by the bit about using sexe to register it as a service. do you understand this and if it is necessary, can you explain what the first line means?

looks like C:sexe64, but I am not sure what the symbols before sexe and after 64 are?

does it only need to be run once or does sexe make sure it runs every start up? does AO kill it?

sorry for all the questions.

#12 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:16 AM

thanks. I have downloaded and run the file and it says it is running in task manager. I was confused by the bit about using sexe to register it as a service. do you understand this and if it is necessary, can you explain what the first line means?

looks like C:sexe64, but I am not sure what the symbols before sexe and after 64 are?

does it only need to be run once or does sexe make sure it runs every start up? does AO kill it?

sorry for all the questions.

I run it each time I boot up my computer.

So I do not use the sexe64 prog to automate.

It shows running in the task manager.

I dare say if it was run before applying AO it would probably be wiped, but any service applied after AO surely must stay.

Its good to talk, in this way we can learn so much.

#13 internethandle

internethandle

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:11 AM

Yes the sexe64 program suggestion by Hiroyuki is simply meant for those who want MinorityClean to run automatically upon Windows starting. I don't understand how much of a difference this might make versus just running it manually, though.

I also have seen his warnings about motherboard or USB DAC being damaged by the program, and he has said similar things about High Grade CPU Any Cures and some of his other programs in the past -- I have yet to have a problem, though, and do not understand under what circumstances one would know if it could damage anything. 

Hiroyuki now has four revisions of MinorityClean - I, VI, VII, and VIII -- he says that no one in particular is better, it just depends on your system and you have to try for yourself. So far, after using VII and VIII for some time, I found myself going back to MinorityClean I -- the other two had a noticeable downgrade in SQ. I have not tried VI. MinorityClean I is the only version which restarts its EXE after a certain period of time, maybe that has something to do with it? Unsure. 

• FelipeRolim likes this

#14 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

Yes the sexe64 program suggestion by Hiroyuki is simply meant for those who want MinorityClean to run automatically upon Windows starting. I don't understand how much of a difference this might make versus just running it manually, though.

I also have seen his warnings about motherboard or USB DAC being damaged by the program, and he has said similar things about High Grade CPU Any Cures and some of his other programs in the past -- I have yet to have a problem, though, and do not understand under what circumstances one would know if it could damage anything. 

Hiroyuki now has four revisions of MinorityClean - I, VI, VII, and VIII -- he says that no one in particular is better, it just depends on your system and you have to try for yourself. So far, after using VII and VIII for some time, I found myself going back to MinorityClean I -- the other two had a noticeable downgrade in SQ. I have not tried VI. MinorityClean I is the only version which restarts its EXE after a certain period of time, maybe that has something to do with it? Unsure. 

Where can I get version  I ?

Thanks

#15 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

Sorry, I realise all versions are contained in the file MinorityClean_2019_Rev8_x64.zip

#16 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Apparently this warnings about motherboard or USB damages are relative to the customization of some lines in the source code which are indicated as forbidden (Customize for professional section).

Does it work with Windows Server 2016 Core + AO 3.0?

#17 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Apparently this warnings about motherboard or USB damages are relative to the customization of some lines in the source code which are indicated as forbidden (Customize for professional section).

Does it work with Windows Server 2016 Core + AO 3.0?

Sure does improve matters in my system

#18 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Finally, I've tried MinorityClean on both computers in my dual PC configuration ans I can confirm it works with Windows Server Core 2016 + AO3.0 + Fidelizer 8.4.

There is effectively an improvement concerning SQ!!! There is no doubt about this.

For my part i prefer rev 8 on both computers.

With this rev not only I get more relief, more aeration, more details concerning the soundstage but the sound is more natural, more musical, basses are even deeper.

• blawre likes this

#19 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

Finally, I've tried MinorityClean on both computers in my dual PC configuration ans I can confirm it works with Windows Server Core 2016 + AO3.0 + Fidelizer 8.4.

There is effectively an improvement concerning SQ!!! There is no doubt about this.

For my part i prefer rev 8 on both computers.

With this rev not only I get more relief, more aeration, more details concerning the soundstage but the sound is more natural, more musical, basses are even deeper.

Hi,

Have you tried the version that comes in the zip file "MinorityClean_with_PRO_x64"

This was the first version I tried and was impressed by.

Not sure where it is located, I must have been spodding his sites to get it.

#20 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

Hi blawre,

I've tried the 4 versions in the zip file named "MinorityClean_2019_Rev8_x64.Zip". I've not seen a zip file named "MinorityClean_with_PRO_x64".

I prefer VIII.

rev 1 is very good for the soundstage and the details but I prefer rev8 for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

Rev 8 seems to be more efficient on my config.

Note that I have a problem with rev 1 which takes my PC out of hibernation a few minutes after I start playing a track with hibernation set to ON on JPLAY settings.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

andids, gimmbot